Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Thread - Hunting - Read MOD NOTE in post 1.

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

Got the 2 springers out this morning just before it started to heat up.They ran well fairly hitting cover for 8 months.They get better as the video goes onhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nxZE1jrdR0

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Nightforce 65X55

Was out in the Phoenix Park taking Pictures of the deer today when this kicked off . Its the first time I have used the DSLR for Video , I dont think it will be the last....
    Hope you like the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Staloejunior

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UVPOEklEto
    New addition!! she isnt doing to bad for a pup between 6-7 months

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl976FHG6-8
    Young setter bitch backing at 7 months

• Registered Users Posts: 39 pheasantmad

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl976FHG6-8
    Young setter bitch backing at 7 months

Says video is private...

• Advertisement

Says video is private...

Sorry should be sorted now

Jake at 9 months meet no game.He was hunting dead ground.He is looking good.Ogie his brother is going just as well if not harder but he is a bit bust up so resting him until the green bramble dies off and more birds around.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLEbWUQwNF8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

Video I made whiles sitting around over the xmas of the pup I held back from the litter I bred this time last year
    Have had very little spare time with work commitments to do much but he has proving to be extremely biddable & picked up a lot from the sire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

The come down is on after the season so i made a video of the the 2 bucks.Gone a bit loose after the season.ogie only back from injury.Got a few woodcock over them.They fairly hitting the cover now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZDzrxWHYX0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFaOJiYahcY

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭ESB Spaniel

Here is a few clips of yesterdays hunting lads. View in 1080p lads, Hope ye enjoy

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Brilliant video.

What length was the first shot. Seems fairly far. What cartridge you using?

Also at 10:25 or so Cassie puts up three and in slow motion it looks like you dropped two with the first shot? Did ya?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Cass wrote: »
    Brilliant video.

What length was the first shot. Seems fairly far. What cartridge you using?

Also at 10:25 or so Cassie puts up three and in slow motion it looks like you dropped two with the first shot? Did ya?

Well Cass, thought boards was gone dead haha. Ya would you believe that I would have only sent Cassie for one duck as I didn't see 2 fall.... You see in the video I'm surprised when I turn around and see her with one as I can hear the other one splashing beside me.

That shot was about 25yards, the single duck I shot with Cassie was a lot further.... I'm zoomed in for slow mos

Well Cass, thought boards was gone dead haha.
    Always quiet at the start. Hopefully we'll see more pictures and videos as the season goes on.
    Ya would you believe that I would have only sent Cassie for one duck as I didn't see 2 fall.... You see in the video I'm surprised when I turn around and see her with one as I can hear the other one splashing beside me.

That shot was about 25yards, the single duck I shot with Cassie was a lot further.... I'm zoomed in for slow mos
    The two for one, nice surprise i bet.

The shot looked seriously long. At first watch i thought that there is no way he is going to drop that but down it went. Plus with camera sometimes it seems further than with the naked eye, but either way it was a long shot.

I don't normally shoot duck or pheasant for that matter. No use for them, however i've been invited out for duck a couple of times (gave a lad a shot on deer) and i love duck. So might take him up on the offer.

Keep the vids and pics coming lad. Good stuff.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Cass wrote: »
    Always quiet at the start. Hopefully we'll see more pictures and videos as the season goes on.

The two for one, nice surprise i bet.

The shot looked seriously long. At first watch i thought that there is no way he is going to drop that but down it went. Plus with camera sometimes it seems further than with the naked eye, but either way it was a long shot.

I don't normally shoot duck or pheasant for that matter. No use for them, however i've been invited out for duck a couple of times (gave a lad a shot on deer) and i love duck. So might take him up on the offer.

Keep the vids and pics coming lad. Good stuff.

No problem I will try my best Cass, hopefully more lads will post videos and pics.

Went out this afternoon for a walk. Not really looking for anything, but those are the days you see deer everywhere. Today was no exception.

Met 4 on the road up to where i normally park. All Does. Got out and scanned a field. One nice Buck and two Does. The distance was extreme so no chance of a shot. Instead i just watched them for a little.

Seen a strange jeep so decided to check it out. These permissions only have me on them. Something the land owner made very clear, and i was to let him know if anyone else was around. The lads in the jeep keep driving around and parking. After an hour they seemed to leave but came back. I took the details for future reference.

Anywho, back to another permission. Walked in and the wind was to my back. Made no massive attempt to stay quiet as the spot rarely yields anything during this time of day. As i rounded the corner i saw a beautiful Doe and calf. Perfect coat, and lovely markings. Watched them for abit then noticed a "glare" on the field to the right. I stepped up onto the stump of the tree, into the shadow and there were about 3 deer. One Príicket and two Does. The Prícket was sunning himself. He had 3 inch spikers so decided not to bother with him.

As i'm looking right and back to the two on my left three appear in front of me from behind a large bush. They stood looking at me, from about 75 yards. They turned to the left to join the Doe and calf. Soon after the deer on my right started to move. Only then did i see there were far more than three.

All in all i seen 24. Three were legal, but frankly it was a nice evening, they were small, and i enjoyed the day so just got a few seconds of video rather than fire a shot.

The video is poor. I've a new phone and don't know how to work it properly. If you make the video full screen then watch the centre you'll seen the last few deer run from right to left.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stonehall9

Young pointer ready for birds

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stonehall9

A

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Irish Springer 12G

This happened this time last season when my oldest spaniel Oddie pegged a woodcock, no shot or nothing. Released without harm.

Advertisement