Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Thread - Hunting - Read MOD NOTE in post 1.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭snipe02

Just watched the vid impressive for a6 month old pup he must be flying it now what stage is he at will you shoot over him this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

snipe02 wrote: »
    Just watched the vid impressive for a6 month old pup he must be flying it now what stage is he at will you shoot over him this year

thanks!! yeh he is coming along great! he hit the ground running have to say, got him when he was four months and he just settled in like he was always here! was retrieving to hand from the get go! got him from a lad in portarlington who had made dummies from rabbit fur, yer man was tossin um down the garden nd my lad was fighting off his 3 brothers and bringing it back every time so i knew he was the one!

Yep he's shot over, has a few Teal retrieved this season already! would be a few more only for my crooked eyes haha and hopefully a few more in the morning ;)

he's very responsive to me - recalls to sit, retrieving to hand, he's a little giddy on heel work and will often dart if excited but thats to be expected at his age, i just have him turning on my hands now from close range, will start to increase the distance as the weeks go on! and im hoping to introduce the whistle to him towards the end of the season! I have him running with my cousins 2 yr old bitch and she is a hunting machine haha so hopefully he will pick up a lot from her

This is him retrieving a small dummy the weekend i got him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

would love to see a video of him hunting ,nice looking fella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

charlie10 wrote: »
    would love to see a video of him hunting ,nice looking fella

Thanks man, ill try get something over the season and pop it up! using my phone to record so will have to be a day im just on a walk :P

Hunt him on his own he will learn a lot more the bitch will be a few steps ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭fitzy_fitzy

One of my Irish Red and White Setters setting at 9 weeks.
    Got the fishing rod and pheasant wing out tonight and they all started to set.
    Super to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭patsat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMOOPguBpwM

Stag I shot Sunday evening, heard him roaring from across a valley so heeaded down towards him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭patsat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

Not all shooting, some random clips during the 1st weekend

Recorded in 1080p & compressed during editing to 720p & for some reason compressed further when uploading to Youtube to 480 I think.

Took all night to upload.

CLICK THE GEAR SYMBOL WHEN PLAYING TO CHOOSE THE MAX RESOLUTION

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DEMOLISHER

patsat wrote: »

if you check out the animal . generally when a deer has one good antler and one spike like first head you showed its due to an injury to it leg on opittise side ,the injury seem to effect the antler growth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Glenbulldog

Recorded in 1080p & compressed during editing to 720p & for some reason compressed further when uploading to Youtube to 480 I think.

Great video

Had to compress this to get it to load which dropped the quality a bit

Latest selection of clips
    Getting frustrated with the uploading as if I don't drop the quality it wont upload. One mistimed title aside there are some nice clips. Very happy with some of the retieves from the pup.
    From the 2nd woodcock on is a stroll with the boss to show her what it's all about. (no gun)

As ever if you click the gear symbol it increases the quality but maxes out at 480p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwbFEYpmtTU&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Glenbulldog

Really enjoy these vids,keep them coming

treated myself to a go pro camera today , hope to maybe post few videos in the new year .:D

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭patdahat

which 1?

hero 3+silver edition should be good enough 1080p and ten megapixel camera ,i know its not as good as e-pointers black edition but should do the job nicely.:D
    was going to change the username to E-springer ha ha (joke E-pointer)

hero 3+silver edition should be good enough 1080p and ten megapixel camera ,i know its not as good as e-pointers black edition but should do the job nicely.:D
    was going to change the username to E-springer ha ha (joke E-pointer)
    Esb springer

if the hat cam shorts out ill be the ESB ill light up like a christmas tree

if the hat cam shorts out ill be the ESB ill light up like a christmas tree

Shocking ;)
    Good man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭cubbyleader

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MVveU7YxrMM&feature=c4-feed-u

short video of the pup retieving a dummy

nice vid that white bitch is hard goin why is the colkar on her is it to make her think she is wearing the ecollar

nice vid that white bitch is hard goin why is the colkar on her is it to make her think she is wearing the ecollar

3 reasons.
    1 - easy clip a lead on
    2 - I've my # on it as she can go deep into cover which I allow as I want to encourage her drive & reign her in (long story) & with a pup they can get turned around in plantations & big pine woods so I'd be afraid she might get lost if by the off chance she took after a hare or something.
    3 - I usually have leather collars on my dogs as a habit. Sometimes a giant lab my folks have decide to chew em off the others which leads to periods of not having them

She hasn't & won't ever have a ecollar on her. Doesn't need it. Not anywhere near hard enough natured.

3 reasons.
    1 - easy clip a lead on
    2 - I've my # on it as she can go deep into cover which I allow as I want to encourage her drive & reign her in (long story) & with a pup they can get turned around in plantations & big pine woods so I'd be afraid she might get lost if by the off chance she took after a hare or something.
    3 - I usually have leather collars on my dogs as a habit. Sometimes a giant lab my folks have decide to chew em off the others which leads to periods of not having them

She hasn't & won't ever have a ecollar on her. Doesn't need it. Not anywhere near hard enough natured.
    I was just thinking very dangerous having a collar on in cover and was wondering why and just guessed it must be the ecollar as ive read some of your other posts stating you put a collar on try trick them .. jesus id never put a collar on especially not in cover ive seen it first hand getting hung up and the dog just sat there in silence wasnt got until next day out in frost all night she was lucky , but I know what you mean about a young dog losing its bearings but they have to learn how to find you aswell thats the way I look at it

I was just thinking very dangerous having a collar on in cover and was wondering why and just guessed it must be the ecollar as ive read some of your other posts stating you put a collar on try trick them .. jesus id never put a collar on especially not in cover ive seen it first hand getting hung up and the dog just sat there in silence wasnt got until next day out in frost all night she was lucky , but I know what you mean about a young dog losing its bearings but they have to learn how to find you aswell thats the way I look at it

The dummy collar trick used work on the pointer but he needs neither had this stage but he's not at risk as A he's never out of sight really & B if he got stuck he'd howl the woods down he's so vocal.
    Springers however - ya it's a fair point but a balance of risks I guess. Luckily I've had nothing like that happen in many years of shooting but its always a risk.
    Through the years I've rang a few folks with stray dogs who got lost or wondered, from their collars and they've been very grateful so hoping Karma works in my favour if it was to happen. As of yet the none of the owners haven been the buxom blonde I was hoping for though. :)

well lads here is a video of the first day with the go pro edited by brazzill good man the dan! watch in 720 hd and full screen ! only experimenting with the editing app!

Well done charlie .. that dog could deliver for dominos

well lads here is a video of the first day with the go pro edited by brazzill good man the dan! watch in 720 hd and full screen ! only experimenting with the editing app!

Enjoyed that Charlie you narcissistic, egotistical so & so you! :D

Enjoyed that Charlie you narcissistic, egotistical so & so you! :D

i love myself what can i say!!!!

• Advertisement

i love myself what can i say!!!!
    dont go wearing it to bed now charlie or at the breakfast table id be getting worried then

Advertisement