Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Thread - Hunting - Read MOD NOTE in post 1.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Brazzill

Just a few clips i put together of been out on my own with oddie and a friend of mines springers and my setter bailey!!!! i lose quality when i slow the shots down and also zoom in so ye can see where i went wrong or where i was alright :cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭EPointer=Birdss

So last video for the season.
    Mix of clips. Good & bad & a play around with some editing for a change
    Will try & get the HD quality sorted by next year. Again 480 is the best quality here.
    CLICK the gear symbol on the youtube toolbar & set yo 480

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RND1qQVkHtw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

Will try & get the HD quality sorted by next year. Again 480 is the best quality here.

says it's blocked from mobile . pity could of kept me occupied on way to work

says it's blocked from mobile . pity could of kept me occupied on way to work . stupid phone

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Glenbulldog

Nice one ,great to see the honesty of the misses thrown in there :), gives the likes of me hope :)

• Advertisement

Class video EP, edited a video there that i got yesterday will post now.

Here's a couple of clips i got yesterday afternoon, couldn't get out in the morning as the weather was shocking after booking off work, headed out with my setter and springer together to cover most angles.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Glenbulldog

Brazzill wrote: »
    Here's a couple of clips i got yesterday afternoon, couldn't get out in the morning as the weather was shocking after booking off work, headed out with my setter and springer together to cover most angles.:D

Can't view brazzil says it's private,,, scratch that just watched it great vid

Can't view brazzil says it's private
    try again just spotted that uploaded while in bed last night and forgot to publish it try again, sorry.

Brazzill wrote: »

Impressed with dog on the drain Brazzil. A lot will she from that when there is no clear bank to land on.

• Advertisement

Cheers EP, she has no fear since she was a pup. Sickened she never got pregnant with charlie10's springer "Monty" wanted to train a pup next season. She will be in again over the summer but i will mind her till next december. Rabbits now from next weekend on. She deserves a break give her the week off. :D

here we go again lads another random one

here is another clip lads excuse the quality as it was uploaded from the go pro to youtube via my phone which ****ed up the quality

So here she is Remy(Short for Remington), she is a German Pointer x Red Setter will be 4 months the 17th of this month and has been setting Robins the last week or two in the mornings, so i said i would try the fishing rod trick today and she took to it ok i think, open for advice etc.....Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭moloney

Headed out for a stroll with the pointer today. Was lazy in bed but glad I got up. Good result on a glorious day out. :)

that's a great English pointer u have there e pointer and the shot wasn't bad either lol .some very good work wih that dog on your videos

moloney wrote: »
    that's a great English pointer u have there e pointer and the shot wasn't bad either lol .some very good work wih that dog on your videos

Cheers Moloney.

thanks again to brazzill for the editing

Just a video i took while out hunting a few bunnies for the pot. Some lovely dog work but had to leave out a good few clips over the Go Pro Suite i use for editing the videos, wont let me edit larger videos so i am after purchasing Cyberlink Power Director so should have better and longer clips in future to post! But here it is and a picture of the final result.

OddieRabbit_zpsa44690c5.jpg

now lads before anyone comes on and starts mouthing about the dog catching this bird don't bother cause it happened and nothing I could do about it,she wasn't harmed and wasn't nesting I combed the place and she flew away shortly after she came off the ditch so no animals were harmed in the making!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭TriggerPL

charlie10 wrote: »
    now lads before anyone comes on and starts mouthing about the dog catching this bird don't bother cause it happened and nothing I could do about it,she wasn't harmed and wasn't nesting I combed the place and she flew away shortly after she came off the ditch so no animals were harmed in the making!!

Hold on a second , the dog catching the bird is one thing , it not uncommon for a pup to peg a bird !! It's your serious lack of experience when it did happen , u hunting a pup clearly not able to stop him and let him continue to hunt the hen and then ur total disregard for the hen , you make the statement " I'd say she injured boy " and then you fire her back into the hedge . No examination of the bird , and how can you be sure there was no nest or anything ! U checked a whole Feild ! I dout it .

It would suit ya better to put the time into the pup that look to have potential , instead of making silly videos like this and showing ur inexperience !

• Advertisement

listen the pup is 8 months and her first find the bird was grand i said at the end that i watched the bird after i put the pup back in the van an went back to check her and she flew away after she wasnt hurt, and by the way i have nothing to hide its not my inexperience i posted it cause its what happened simple,he without sin cast the first stone . am i suppose to check every field so before i go into it to check is there a bird in it ,where else is the pup going to learn only in the field . show me the man who could stop a dog pegging or chasing a hen i didnt know she was there

listen paul the pup is 8 months and her first find the bird was grand i said at the end that i watched the bird after i put the pup back in the van an went back to check her and she flew away after she wasnt hurt, and by the way i have nothing to hide its not my inexperience i posted it cause its what happened simple,he without sin cast the first stone . am i suppose to check every field so before i go into it to check is there a bird in it ,where else is the pup going to learn only in the field . show me the man who could stop a dog pegging or chasing a hen i didnt know she was there

The video clearly show the bird coming out and going back in , u made no effort to stop the pup or control the pup but that is not where the problem lies . I would recommend u invest in a dog whistle and work with ur pup not with the camera ,

It's the way you handle the suitation u just fired the bird back into the hedge , when you could have let it off along the ground . Put a lead on ur dog and used it as a stay or leave it exercise . Or do u intend on having ur do catch everything it sees .

well it looked bad alright but she rested on the branch and i checked her after like i said and she flew away grand not a bother in her ,i dont think teaching the pup to "leave it" considering it was her first hunt and find would of been a positive thing to do . i couldnt understand why the hen didnt fly away in the first place cause i genuinely checked where she came from and there was no eggs ,plus she seemed very young. training has started as of that day because i know now that she has a nose. if i had any doubt that that bird was injured so badly i wouldnt of left her go again. and to be fair i was surprised there was a bird there ive walked that spot numberous times and have met nothing. and if i have offended u trigger by posting this video trigger i apologise but that was a dirty little move in your first post

ur point of view on the situation didnt bother me until u got personal by using my name . if u felt so strongly about it why didnt u pm me .at the end of the day that bird wasnt mauled by the dog or chewed or nothing and she had of been that dog would never see a green field again .alot of dog men would be proud of a dog of eight months having the courage and drive to peg a bird it wasnt an ideal situation and i appreciate that but again its not every day a pup gets the opportunity to do it. another thing if u can get an 8 month old pup to sit when a hen is running around her feet i repsect u alot

ur point of view on the situation didnt bother me until u got personal by using my name . if u felt so strongly about it why didnt u pm me .at the end of the day that bird wasnt mauled by the dog or chewed or nothing and she had of been that dog would never see a green field again .alot of dog men would be proud of a dog of eight months having the courage and drive to peg a bird it wasnt an ideal situation and i appreciate that but again its not every day a pup gets the opportunity to do it. another thing if u can get an 8 month old pup to sit when a hen is running around her feet i repsect u alot

I didn think using ur name was a personal attack sorry if ya felt is was ! Do see how it's was .

But again it wasn't about the dog , the dog don't everything it's expected to do and more . I was a training exercise right , what did the pup learn !

It learned that is ok to chase and peg a bird and will get no giving out to at all .

U made the mistake and condoned the dogs actions , and at eight months u should be at the stage of at least trying to stop him with a whistle .

Anyway I'm out of this conversation as you probally noticed I don't comment **** all any more around ere when it come to dogs it turns into a sh1t fest with your self .

And I've noticed a serious decline in dog men commenting around ere as well so il leave to ur own . Enjoy the pup lad lovely nice marked strong looking pup !!

like i said the plan of the exercise was not to ever let her peg a bird ,and it very seldom happens lets be honest . but she winded that bird and hunted it and i let her do it ya because we all take pups out to the field to try and give them every chance of meeting there quarry. i didnt give out to that pup solely because i didnt want her associating her hunting that bird as a bad thing ,even though it did end the wrong way . i dont think by giving out to the pup at that fragile age that she would of understood that it was because she pegged it and not because she hunted it. i think she is a little cracker and i wanted to leave her to have very basic stuff for the first 8-10 months until i know she can hunt and i know know that she does and training has started basic sit and stay is under way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

th_VIDEO0012_zpseab7b0bc.jpg

Just a few of the birds we released today.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭p.e.s.

A short video of 2 rabbits I got yesterday evening , there are lots of rabbits on this farm but they are getting harder to see in the long grass

Advertisement