Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Thread - Hunting - Read MOD NOTE in post 1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Nightforce 65X55

Just a little note to let you know that I have re joined as Nightforce 65X55 , I was formerly P.E.S. on boards , this is to allow some continuity between my YouTube channel and this & other shooting websites . I did ask if I could just change the name but it involves subscriptions , so it was easier to close the other account and start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭patdahat

had the go pro at the right time today watch in full hd for best quality
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74qNzVwJWrE&feature=share&list=UU88_Txk0MrWZeOcM7_7n9-Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭ESB Spaniel

p.e.s. wrote: »
    A short video of 2 rabbits I got yesterday evening , there are lots of rabbits on this farm but they are getting harder to see in the long grass

nice shooting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I dont get the purpose of shooting from that distance.

it was good shooting do lad in fairness. i personally don't do it but were good shots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Good shots ok but pointless.
    If you can't get close enough to a rabbit then leave it.
    Different if calling a fox and it won't budge from where it is but any decent hunter should be able to get within 40 yards of a rabbit.

I dont get the purpose of shooting from that distance.

Everyone to their own type of sport , I dont get the purpose of shooting rabbits with shotguns , filling them full of shot, or Punching holes in paper other than for Zeroing.

Its not that I cant stalk up close , I hunted with an Air Rifle when I started shooting and was successful enough , I think the closest shot was about 15ft after a 50 yd stalk along a ditch. the point is that close shots dont present enough of a challenge, for Me & I like long Range Shooting, the same way you like your type of shooting.

Hunting comes in all shapes and sizes and everyone involved has their own preferences

Thanks ESB Spaniel...

Hi Lads , I cant post a link yet ( Less than 50 Posts) but I have uploaded some new videos on my you tube channel, If you go to the last video by PES it will bring you there , Enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

Class video GT

• Advertisement

Hi Lads , I cant post a link yet ( Less than 50 Posts) but I have uploaded some new videos on my you tube channel, If you go to the last video by PES it will bring you there , Enjoy

i am the same but i had a previous account and posted a lot of pictures and videos, so i thought i could post away, but i guess not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Without derailing the thread lads that rule was put in place for a reason.

There was a lot of stuff being posted. Bad stuff. I mean really bad. As quick as the admins could remove it and ban the user responsible a new account would be opened and the same stuff posted. So to combat this the admins enacted a SITE WIDE rule that no one with fewer than 50 posts could post links, pictures, etc.

It was to protect the site and the right step to take. It has the knock on effect of limiting new users, but if anyone is genuine they can fill that post limit within a few days or weeks (depending on posting style/amount) and then they are free to post what they like. It's also a good reason for lads to stop closing accounts at will and starting with new ones. While 99% of lads have a genuine reason for closing an account some do it monthly. For no other reason than to start new, and act like a new poster.

Fair play to ye lads for announcing who you used to be, there was no need, but ye did it anyway, but unfortunately this 50 post rule is not something the Shooting Mods (or any Mod) can change even if we were so inclined to do so.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Cass wrote: »

There was a lot of stuff being posted. Bad stuff. I mean really bad. As quick as the admins could remove it and ban the user responsible a new account would be opened and the same stuff posted. So to combat this the admins enacted a SITE WIDE rule that no one with fewer than 50 posts could post links, pictures, etc.

It was to protect the site and the right step to take. It has the knock on effect of limiting new users, but if anyone is genuine they can fill that post limit within a few days or weeks (depending on posting style/amount) and then they are free to post what they like. It's also a good reason for lads to stop closing accounts at will and starting with new ones. While 99% of lads have a genuine reason for closing an account some do it monthly. For no other reason than to start new, and act like a new poster.

Fair play to ye lads for announcing who you used to be, there was no need, but ye did it anyway, but unfortunately this 50 post rule is not something the Shooting Mods (or any Mod) can change even if we were so inclined to do so.

fair enough. as i said to you before i hadn't planned on starting a new account, normally on other sites you can get your old account back, just a moment of loosing the head a deactivated my old one. Missed the banter and commenting on other peoples posts of projects and dog progression so said i'd start a new one.

Cass wrote: »

Likewise , I dont have a problem with the 50 post rule , the internet is full of seriously sick spam messages and better safe than sorry

Watch in HD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

fairplay man how did you edit the video.like the slow mo.

allan450 wrote: »
    fairplay man how did you edit the video.like the slow mo.

The free go pro program for windows, have a look on the go pro website.

i didnt know their was a video tread heres a few from the 1st
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz5Se5lwQuM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIgNBpV34Cg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1gkZ8DB78c
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=112oIK8JPP0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIr8s0S-p48
    Thats just a few if you keep on scrolling down.The 3rd video was of the young cocker first time she missed the mark on the ducks.Then a water hen got up beside her and she cased it down river.hoping to get a few more tomro

great videos lad, nice dogs and good shooting as well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Remember me?

Good shooting and dog work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

Was up checking my second pond and was glad to see a few teal around. Was at the other pond last night and got a few mallard.

Just a video i uploaded to my youtube channel last month, was first snipe of the season. Went out for a walk with my 3 bitchs. My young 11 month old pointer x setter dropper backing my older bitch Bailey.

hadnt got out now in around a week so i decided to run the 2 dogs together.jack my new springer is starting to bond stronger everyday.walk the usual spots seen nothing.in the river on the video iv yet not to get a duck on it with each visit.you will see around 1min into the video i do a lot of looking at the water this is because i could see ripples but no bird.i had practically walked by the bird before i seen him.nice tidy retrieve by the springer for his 1st on the ducks this year.dropped the pointer to give him a chance as he very quick on the retrieve.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3spGJ9m3j2A

Thought it was going to be a bad day when I forgot the whistle yesterday but I was lucky enough to bag this double. I had a poor start to the season but I am starting to get going now thank god. Again watch in HD

i like the slowmo at the end.you got your eye in watching my videos ha ha.:D

allan450 wrote: »
    i like the slowmo at the end.you got your eye in watching my videos ha ha.:D

Sorry?

Again, watch in hd

• Advertisement

i was fluting around with go pro and dropped this duck with the camera off didnt know where at the time.i let the to bitches to it and low and behold out pops ziggie from the planting with the duck.That was a tidy retrieve with no handling.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03mpg0iXyscwatch?v=03mpg0iXysc

Advertisement