Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteering around Dublin City

Options
  • 28-07-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'll be moving up to Dublin at the start of August before college starts, so I'll have a lot of free time. So I was thinking about doing some local volunteering.
    I don't really mind what it would involve apart from shop assistant or that sort of thing. Anything else like being involved with the youth, elderly, special needs or manual I'd be interested.

This would only be for the month of August as well, as college is very intense.

I've tried looking on the internet, but there's very little specific stuff just for the month. Any help appreciated.

I'm 19 nearly 20, male, and very sporty if this helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Which part of Dublin are you looking into? I'm working in Community Care, looking after people with disabilities, who live in their own apartments. Something like taking someone out to the pictures, for a drink or to the shops. Would that be of any interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

I live around 5-10 minutes walk from Trinity college, but if a bus could get me there relatively easily I wouldn't mind travelling too far.

Lars, that sounds perfect, if you could pm me details that'd be great.
    I'd only be available for the month of August though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭howiya

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Its great to see anyone offering their free time to volunteer, however a lot of places now require Garda clearance which can take months to come through.

Advertisement