Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C+H Thread of Olympic-y Goodness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

deise_girl wrote: »
    Apart from when he got a count >.<
    And after when he was running away a bit.. Tres nervous I was..

Bah! All part of the plan. Take a count and you waste 8 valuable seconds. :P
    And his defensive performance in the last 30 seconds of that round when he was shattered was excellent IMO.

Yeah, Cuban lad next, will be an extremely tough fight, Nevin will have to produce another top class performance to win. I think he has the skill to do it, but everything will have to go his way on the day.

Katie our next fighter now I believe, and Annalaise Murphy in with a decent shout of a medal of any colour tomorrow as well. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Looking forward to the 100m final :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Looking forward to the 100m final :)

BBC built it up very nicely. :) Can't wait now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Enjoyed the 100m final, thought there might have been a world record broke though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

'mon Murphey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Sucks :-( She did really well overall, so hopefully she won't be too disappointed.. I don't know anything about sailing now but she seemed to go on the inside each time and each time she fell way back from where she was. Surely she should have realised that it wasn't the way to go?

There's always Rio for her anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Sucks :-( She did really well overall, so hopefully she won't be too disappointed.. I don't know anything about sailing now but she seemed to go on the inside each time and each time she fell way back from where she was. Surely she should have realised that it wasn't the way to go?

There's always Rio for her anyway!

I'm gutted for her, thought she had at least bronze.

This isn't aimed at you JamJam but RTE's talk of Rio is starting to get annoying. Some of our Olympiads who really should have reached their peak by now have no business going to Rio never mind having hopes of medals...

Gutted for Annalaise Murphy, so close. Typical that when there were 4 going for 3 places we'd finish 4th. :P

Judging by the interview she just gave on RTE, she knows she made a mistake going on the inside of the course (or was it outside? I forget. :o)

But I think hopes were inflated by her outstanding performance in her first 4 races, I don't remember anyone tipping her for a medal coming up to the Olympics, so to come as close as she did was a brilliant achievement. And she's only 22, so there's realistic hope for her in Rio.
    Luno wrote: »
    I'm gutted for her, thought she had at least bronze.

This isn't aimed at you JamJam but RTE's talk of Rio is starting to get annoying. Some of our Olympiads who really should have reached their peak by now have no business going to Rio never mind having hopes of medals...

It's more frustrating than annoying IMO. I'll be the first to admit that I don't really follow athletics or swimming outside of the Olympics (bar the odd Euro Championship that's shown on RTE) but it seems that we've been saying for the past 3 games that "Oh they've got their experience now, next time around they'll come out of the blocks flying and will have a realistic chance."

Taylor up in a few minutes, will be a hard bout, but I reckon she can do it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭AvAv

Minor Rant:

BBC, if you say you're going to show something, please actually show it.

I'm trying to watch the showjumping here and for some reason the sailing is still on?! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

AvAv wrote: »
    Minor Rant:

BBC, if you say you're going to show something, please actually show it.

I'm trying to watch the showjumping here and for some reason the sailing is still on?! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Looks like they're timing it to start with Nick Skelton, so 10 mins or thereabouts!

• Advertisement

Joey. wrote: »
    Looks like they're timing it to start with Nick Skelton, so 10 mins or thereabouts!

That so unfair to the other riders who have competed in the last 50 minutes :mad:

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

KATIE KATIE KATIE. :D WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

KATIE! <3<3<3<3

What a f*cking fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

That so unfair to the other riders who have competed in the last 50 minutes :mad:

Thanks!

It kind of makes sense though as they're individuals, wish they'd hurry up and show it though! I'd be lost without the live stream :D

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    KATIE! <3<3<3<3

What a f*cking fight!

It was actually brilliant! Jonas put up a good fight but Katie was just amazing. The atmosphere seemed unreal there!

It was actually brilliant! Jonas put up a good fight but Katie was just amazing. The atmosphere seemed unreal there!

How the hell did she get so much support in the arena when she was fighting an English girl? :eeK:

It's a shame she met Jonas so early, that would have made a superb gold medal fight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

G'wan Katie! Can see her going all the way to Gold tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Great boxing from Katie, she really is in a league of her own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Men's high bar final was on there. Just woahhh.. They're amazing!

Why did I ever give up gymnastics!

Hon Conlon!

• Advertisement

Yurt!! :D:D:D

What a brilliant fight to watch. Conlon just about deserved it IMO.

Final Score: 22-18

3 medals. :)

Cian O'Connor goes clear in the first round of the individual showjumping. Only 4 others have had clear rounds. Fair play to him fo putting in such a performance when he was only added to the final this morning. :)

Is it wrong that I get happy when other riders get 4 faults? Probably, but meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

304895_402700253124390_1370874142_n.jpg

This came from The Daily Telegraph, awkward.

Slow Show wrote: »

Ah shur you'd have to have pity for them, they're innocent out. :P

Another great performance by Taylor.

Silver in the bag! :D:D

Final Score: 17-9

After a heartstopping jump off Cian claims bronze medal for the individual jumping. :)

After a heartstopping jump off Cian claims bronze medal for the individual jumping. :)

SOOO unlucky. .02 away from being in a jump off for gold, and bringing down the last fence even though he had a time lead of 3 seconds was heartwrenching.

But what a comeback story from O'Connor. Delighted for him, he seems to be a nice guy.

4 medals now. This has been one of our best Olympics ever (which is hardly surprising given it's basically our home Games).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

But what a comeback story from O'Connor. Delighted for him, he seems to be a nice guy.

Dragged down by that junkie horse Waterford Crystal. We all know his game.

Dragged down by that junkie horse Waterford Crystal. We all know his game.

Waterford Crystal? More like Crystal Meth...

I'll get me coat...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Barnes was shocking in the last round, but he was so good in the first two that I reckon he was the well deserved winner. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Barnes was shocking in the last round, but he was so good in the first two that I reckon he was the well deserved winner. :)

He was kinda losing the run of himself a bit blagarding.. Like the Indian was trying to frustrate him but he didnt need to keep answering back to it -.-

Glad he won though, was defo the better overall.. Would LOVE to see him beat the Chinese fella after the muck up of the 15-0 score..

Also well done to Cian O Connor, some man, not even supposed to be representing us in the Olympics, not supposed to have gotten through to todays round and then to get a medal :)

Advertisement