Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to find the name of a song and artist

Options
  • 28-07-2012 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

If I am posting this in the wrong forum then I sincerely apologise, but I really don't know where else to ask this, but I am looking for a song which was played very frequently on the radio in Ireland during the summer of either 1981 or 1982, and the opening lyric went

"If every wish of mine came true, a velvet box I'd send to you, a velvet box, tied up with string..."

Nobody I know seems to remember it, but I have often got the melody in my head and just cannot remember who sang it or even what it was called. People think I'm mad, but I know I remember it! I thought it was by Val Doonican, but I can't see anything on any websites of his! Any help on this would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Moved from Singing and Vocals

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Better chance asking here in this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055078994

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Majesticzebras

If I am posting this in the wrong forum then I sincerely apologise, but I really don't know where else to ask this, but I am looking for a song which was played very frequently on the radio in Ireland during the summer of either 1981 or 1982, and the opening lyric went

"If every wish of mine came true, a velvet box I'd send to you, a velvet box, tied up with string..."

Nobody I know seems to remember it, but I have often got the melody in my head and just cannot remember who sang it or even what it was called. People think I'm mad, but I know I remember it! I thought it was by Val Doonican, but I can't see anything on any websites of his! Any help on this would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance! :)

I remember that song too.... Happy Everything is the name of the song. Was on old record of my aunties :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 riverside 57

I remember that song too.... Happy Everything is the name of the song. Was on old record of my aunties :D

Yes, that's it, thank you! :)

Can't seem to find it anywhere on youtube, it's a pity, but at least I know I wasn't imagining things, even if I did get the words slightly wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

"Happy Everything" by Roger Whittaker

http://www.guitaretab.com/r/roger-whittaker/305060.html

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement