Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chic Featuring Nile Rodgers at Button Factory 3-Aug-2012

Options
  • 28-07-2012 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Anyone going? Have to say without Mssrs Thompson and Edwards I'm wary.

What kind of setlist can I expect for my 39 EUR +fee? Still love the man's style and talent, but would love to hear the old hits from CHic and from the Chic Foundation's production work elsewhere...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

All the old hits and a selection of all he's produced!
    Great setlist - were excellent in Galway last week & Electric Picnic a few years ago.
    You are in for a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

saw them in galways ..they were class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

thanks. all tickets gone on ticketmaster.ie. shame. oh well, next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

Anyone know what time they will take to the stage at? I'll be delayed but don't want to miss one song... saw them two years ago in Tripod and it was amazing! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

There is a David Kitt DJ set afterwards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LifesgoodwithLG

Ah man I am still buzzing, Nile signed autographs before hand and than came on stage at 8.40, gig over at 10.30. Its the first time that I have seen Chic and it was absolutely brilliant, such an enjoyable gig. His set was a best hits compilation and he played his songs Madonna, Inxs, Duran Duran, Diana Ross and of course Mr. Bowie. One of the most touching moments was when he dedicated a song to his ex partner Bernard who passed 16 years ago and the crowd started chanting his name, you could tell that he was really moved by it. Only downside was the Button Factory was an absolut Sweat Box. Still worth it.

Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic Chic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Packed in like sardines!

385555_10151132169118923_784065726_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1 funkywisdom

Had the best night of my life last night at chic, even got to meet some of the band afterwards, hurrah for Chic..... we did 'Freak out' indeed and had 'Goodtimes'! want to see them again....

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭motownman

i have been to a lot of concerts since my first, the Michael Jackson gig in Cork, and i say without any doubt that Chic in the Button Factory was by far and away the best. Gerry Barnes is not Bernard Edward on bass that's for sure but he is still an amazing guitarist who brings his own flavour to these classics. As often as Chic perform in Ireland I will be first in the queue.

Advertisement