Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funny things you did as a child!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I for some strange reason used to wash my hands with the toothpaste until I was caught and shamed.
    I still remember me da giving out in the morning about where all the toothpaste was going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Roadtrippin

Don't know if it was that funny... probably more brain damaging than anything: Because we used to have a really bouncy couch, I used to jump head first of the couch onto a not-so-soft floor and then pretend to swim on the floor... Might explain why I still get migraines to this day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I used to see my dad put gas in lighters and saw that one was low on gas so I fill it I thought. It was a disposable lighter so when I tried it out a ball of fire went over my face. I singed my hair, eyebrows, eyelashes, tip of my nose, lips and chin. Missed a school trip to Dublin Zoo over it too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I did search the title of the thread before I posted it and that didn't come up! My bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I was about 5 or 6, i coloured my little willy with green marker and was told it was gonna fall off. Strangely, that didn't faze me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

Don't know if it was that funny... probably more brain damaging than anything: Because we used to have a really bouncy couch, I used to jump head first of the couch onto a not-so-soft floor and then pretend to swim on the floor... Might explain why I still get migraines to this day :D

My brother used to have 2 mattresses on his bed (i don't know why) but he used to get inbetween the 2 and then myself and my cousins would jump on the top one. I don't know why we thought it was so funny because we were being crushed but hysterically laughing at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Taking the batteries out of the TV remote and licking them.

Provided a tingling sensation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Diving down the stairs head-first, clinging onto a pillow for dear life.
    Stopped there a few months back, the head injuries are just a bit too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

I was always a bit of a messer, I used to tie the legs of my dads pj's together down by the knee, he'd go to put his leg in and end up falling over onto the floor!!! Caught him out a fair few times with it too!

I used to draw faces on the fruit too, my mother used to have half a grapefruit every morning so Id draw a face saying "please don't eat me!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    I covered my grandmother's Golden Retriever's arse with sudocreme and put a nappy on it. Poor dog was so good, let me pull and drag him around.

The cat was a lot smarter though, apparently. My mother said he'd run upstairs and stay there til I was gone

:o

That's brilliant ha ha, poor dog!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My friend and me used to sit in her Mam's car plastered in make up, pretending we were grown ups. We used to roll up balls of toilet roll, and stuff them down our tops for boobs:o. I can remember one day we went to the garage for sweets, with hard, lopsided lumps of toilet roll down our tops. Each thinking we were the whole woman:D
    Sometimes we'd pretend to be foreign, and go around the shops speaking gibberish.
    We used to make prank phone calls a lot. We'd ring some random number, and pretend to be a lawyer informing the family that some long lost relative had died, and left them a fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

73Cat wrote: »
    My friend and me used to sit in her Mam's car plastered in make up, pretending we were grown ups. We used to roll up balls of toilet roll, and stuff them down our tops for boobs:o. I can remember one day we went to the garage for sweets, with hard, lopsided lumps of toilet roll down our tops. Each thinking we were the whole woman:D
    Sometimes we'd pretend to be foreign, and go around the shops speaking gibberish.
    We used to make prank phone calls a lot. We'd ring some random number, and pretend to be a lawyer informing the family that some long lost relative had died, and left them a fortune.

:eek: I think I know you!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

No wait, false alarm, we had identical childhoods right down to the pretending the person on the other end of the phone won a fortune. Everything else I did though....thought I was the only one who talked gibberish pretending to be "fargnin".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

I have a few silly things i done as a kid but this is probably the funniest :

My parents brought me a kinder surprise egg when i was about 3-4 years old and they were doing a disney character promotion at the time, so anyways i eat the chocolate and open the egg to reveal that i had gotten the character goofy, so i happily put together goofy and until i got as far as his nose and got the brilliant idea to put it in my ear, but when i tryed to take it out again i lodged it deeper, i began to get afraid when it wouldnt come out, my parents looked at me like whats wrong and i just said nothing and continued to have a worried look on my face, they noticed the toy was missing his nose part and where like wheres goofys nose and after a bit of quizzing i caved in and said goofys nose was stuck in my ear so cue worried parents and a visit to the doctors where he had a look in me ear with a light and got a squirt gun thingy and put it in my ear and got me to tilt me head and lo and behold goofys nose came out the doctor lol'd and said thats the first time i ever had a case of a nose stuck in an ear. Never was let buy kinder surprises again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

callaway92 wrote: »
    Took toast out of the toaster by sticking a knife into the center of the crust.

I have done that every day for the last 20 odd years:)

still alive and kicking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Used a pool cue as a javelin. Except it got stuck in the ground and the pointy part went up my nose causing a nosebleed. yep i'm not the brightest spark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Tried to recreate the toxic ooze that made the teenage mutant ninja turtles, by mixing water and green paint and chucked it over my friend.Turned him into to more of the hulk rather than a teenage mutant ninja turtle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

My brother liked to think he was mcguiver. He used to wait until dark and then he would tie some trip wire onto the door knocker of someone's house, run across the road and pull it. Brought knick-knacks to a whole new level.

Another time, we were moving house. My brothers had bunk beds. The day before we were due to move, myself and my brother decided to play superheroes. I was superwoman and he was superman. He tied his school tie around his head, shouted "SUPERMAN" and dived off the top bunk, smashing his fist through the glass lamp shade. There was world war 3 in my house.

My dad was a guard and one time when my parents were out, my brother took his hand cuffs and handcuffed the two of us together. Cue us walkin around the house for ages, chained together. I was dying to go to the bathroom so told my brother to get the key.... He couldn't find it!

So we searched for ages, then we found it. Five minutes later my parents arrived home!

Last but not least! We weren't children but I still think this is a cruel but deadly trick!

Another brother of ours had just started going out with a girl, so we robbed his box of condoms and stuck a pin thru each packet. We told him durex were recalling their product, as they were faulty, with the condoms having holes in them.

He grabbed one condom and ran to the bathroom sink, filled it with water and nearly collapsed on the ground when he saw the water squirting out! Hilarious!

Advertisement