Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Arcade

• 28-07-2012 8:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Excuse my lack of knowledge on this matter - is there any arcade/gaming center in Dublin area where you can go and pay for say 1 hour and then use all games in center for free instead of the normal where you pay 1euro per game.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Nope. There's some gaming centres in which you can rent consoles and games or a set period, but that's as close to the premise of the OP as there exists in Dublin currently, sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

In Bray Bowl you can pay a tenner in some nights of the week and all the machines are set to freeplay.

You can also use the bowling lanes and the pool tables.

I've gone a few times, and as it's BYOB I expected the place to be full of knack bags ruining everything, but the security are pretty strict about who gets it. It's good fun.

The only down side is the games machines don't seem to be maintained too well...it's kind of sad seeing things like Time Crisis being let fall into disrepair...still for a tenner you can't go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭JOHNPT

Thats the kinda thing i was looking for - is it only at night they do it or during the daytime too? Any other venues around Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Chocolate Mousse

JOHNPT wrote: »
    Thats the kinda thing i was looking for - is it only at night they do it or during the daytime too? Any other venues around Dublin?

Bray Bowl has 5 special offers a week. All for a tenner a head entry. Wed (5pm-11pm) & Sun (11am-3pm) are all ages welcome events. Thurs (9pm-12am) Fri (9pm-12am) & Sat (8pm-12am) are over 18's BYOB.

The all ages offers include unlimited games of Bowling, Pool, American Pool, Quasar Laser Tag + all of the video machines are on free play

The BYOB events are the same without the Quasar. Everyone gets at least an hour's activity due to the demand on each night.

http://www.facebook.com/braybowl

Advertisement