Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to become a traffic controller??

Options
  • 28-07-2012 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey guys, So...I've just arrived in Sydney more or less on my own after taking a one year career break from my office job type thing back at home....I would love to work here for at least six months and hear traffic controlling is the way to go to make good money etc.... I know you have to do a course and get a certificate in order to be able to do this work but I have some questions:

(i) Would it tough to get work after doing the course if you don't know anyone in construction?
    (ii) Does anyone have experience of doing this kind of work - is it ok in general?
    (iii) Is having a clean full drivers licence any advantage?
    (iv) How much could you hope to make a week?

Many thanks in advance, Jamoooo :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,342 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

jamoooo wrote: »
    (i) Would it tough to get work after doing the course if you don't know anyone in construction?
    (ii) Does anyone have experience of doing this kind of work - is it ok in general?
    (iii) Is having a clean full drivers licence any advantage?
    (iv) How much could you hope to make a week?

(i) No. There are companies specifically for traffic controllers. Try contacting them.
    (ii) Lots of standing around doing nothing
    (iii) Yes.
    (iv) Depends. But its prob one of the better earners. Decent nubmers of hours, and there is overtime, and night shift which makes the money add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Aussie201

Did it up in Brisbane, extremely boring work! and standing out in the sun with nowhere to sit down is a balls! I was earning about 26 buck an hour and nights increased by like 3 dollars. Easy money yes, but time really drags on!!

Advertisement