Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo 13 PS3 Demo.....

Options
  • 28-07-2012 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

I've been a Fifa fan since day one but last years effort just didn't float my boat, more of the same with a few tweaks here and there. I played the Pro Evo 13 demo for 21/2 hours solid last night, it is savage. From the player likenesses to the goalkeeper's ability to close down an angle or maybe f##k it up and take the attacker out of it. The realism and fast flow of the game, it's going to blow Fifa away.I know which one I'll buy come the Autumn.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Whats the manual gameplay like on it? Ive heard they are trying to make more of a push this year on it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Whats the manual gameplay like on it? Ive heard they are trying to make more of a push this year on it...
    To be honest none of the goals I scored were the same, each one was different. The controls were, tight, fast and fluid, little fancy touches and back heals are fairly easy to do and effective. To give you an idea about the player ID, England 's Ashley Young was on fire,where as Andy Carroll wouldn't kick snow off a rope.

King Krib wrote: »
    To be honest none of the goals I scored were the same, each one was different. The controls were, tight, fast and fluid, little fancy touches and back heals are fairly easy to do and effective. To give you an idea about the player ID, England 's Ashley Young was on fire,where as Andy Carroll wouldn't kick snow off a rope.
    Must give it a try so. So is it just one setting they've gone with, ie manual controls. Or are they still doing the option like fifa with assisted and manual controls to choose from? Fifa needs some proper competition at this stage

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

its part one of the demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Must give it a try so. So is it just one setting they've gone with, ie manual controls. Or are they still doing the option like fifa with assisted and manual controls to choose from? Fifa needs some proper competition at this stage

The passing buttons and shooting buttons are assisted, but by holding LT on xbox, you can aim any way you want. Its hard to explain but its a great feature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

There is another thread on this and I said my opinion there, it' really good.

On the manual thing, it's absolutely brilliant, the LT/L2 button is a manual modifier, you hold it and a little arrow appears and you can pass, cross, through ball or shoot. I have scored some absolute worldies with the manual trigger and the satisfaction when you rifle one in is amazing.

Found this video from a manual fifa player (flourescentFIFA) who has a great channel promoting manual gameplay. He summed it up well and says there are alot of features that fifa should take notice of but overall its still lacking behind fifa. The passing feature where ya trigger an arrow is really to persuade more players into manual which is a good thing. But its still the same as fifa with the assisted, semi and manual setup. However, imho the game has come on heaps since the awful stuff released over the last few years. Might consider getting it this year too..

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Just had a few games on the demo there, gotta say it really is top notch. Only played the demo to last years one but this is a massive improvement

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ya I really liked it too,passing seems soooo much smoother than fifa

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Played one game so far and it looks good. Didn't like the passing in last years at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

King Krib wrote: »
    To give you an idea about the player ID, England 's Ashley Young was on fire,where as Andy Carroll wouldn't kick snow off a rope.

I don't like the sound of that, unless I've misunderstood. So because Andy Carroll has played like a donkey for most of last season, he is also useless in the game?

BKC wrote: »
    I don't like the sound of that, unless I've misunderstood. So because Andy Carroll has played like a donkey for most of last season, he is also useless in the game?

Not at all. Played a game with Engerland and scored a cracker with Carroll, manual shot. Lethal when you pull them off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

It's been a few days since the demo download and my interest in this has just grown. It's so much more playable than Fifa. Hopefully the full game can even improve a bit more on the demo. Should make for a super game.

Anyone else find that players don't really have much pace about them? I was playing with Portugal and Ronaldo and Nani don't seem to be much faster than anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Anyone else find that players don't really have much pace about them? I was playing with Portugal and Ronaldo and Nani don't seem to be much faster than anyone else

I thought they had enough.

I like it though. The pace of the game is slower overall. Player pace is absolutely crucial in FIFA, especially in Ultimate Team. Using someone who is slow, but class (ie: Pirlo, Scholes) is much more difficult than in PES.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I played with portugal and thought Ronaldo was unreal. Scored 2 with him, really fast.
    Just played it on whatever the default difficulty level is though, could be easy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Are they going back to the days of Pes 6? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Rooney10 wrote: »
    I thought they had enough.

I like it though. The pace of the game is slower overall. Player pace is absolutely crucial in FIFA, especially in Ultimate Team. Using someone who is slow, but class (ie: Pirlo, Scholes) is much more difficult than in PES.

The ultimate team engine doesn't really count though. It's very arcadey and nothing like the main game.

I might switch this year if EA don't fix Fifa's god awful auto tackling system. People just hold down LT for 90 minutes and the A.I. tackles for them. It's a travesty.

Kirby wrote: »
    The ultimate team engine doesn't really count though. It's very arcadey and nothing like the main game.

I might switch this year if EA don't fix Fifa's god awful auto tackling system. People just hold down LT for 90 minutes and the A.I. tackles for them. It's a travesty.

It's not ''arcadey'' at all, it's just that the game speed is set to high and stamina has less of an effect(if playing with 99 fitness players).
    No game mechanics were altered apart from the speed.

I switched to UT around March and only went back playing H2H recently and I find it too slow as opposed to UT being too fast.
    It's 10 times harder to score crosses(as you need to beat the man to the front spot) and long shots(as it takes longer to set up for a shot/power it up then it does to contain it from defence).
    So games tend to be a 5/6 yarder tap in fest.

I tried an unranked game set to Fast yesterday and was back scoring from outside the box and a cross with my first two goals. Plays exactly like UT minus the differences in stamina between players.
    They burn out FAR too easily, I've yet to see a Pro burned out after 60mins, the only time it happens is during a Junior league game on a Sunday morning after a night out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

How many teams are officially licenced in the upcoming PES? Was a fan, switched to FIFA but am thinking of going back if the reviews are good :D

• Advertisement

How many teams are officially licenced in the upcoming PES? Was a fan, switched to FIFA but am thinking of going back if the reviews are good :D

Has Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1 and the eredivisie. Plus Man Utd :D and a handful of other european clubs. Champions league and europa officially licensed. There is also lots of national teams! And official cope libertabores and the south american europa league equivalent.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Has Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1 and the eredivisie. Plus Man Utd :D and a handful of other european clubs. Champions league and europa officially licensed. There is also lots of national teams! And official cope libertabores and the south american europa league equivalent.

United is a MUST :D

Pity about the rest of the English league though, would finish it off nicely

United is a MUST :D

Pity about the rest of the English league though, would finish it off nicely

Ah sure forget those losers ;) In all seriousness, once you change the team names it really doesn't bother me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Played the demo, with a much meh tbh!

Way behind Fifa, or were my expectations too high!

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Ah sure forget those losers ;) In all seriousness, once you change the team names it really doesn't bother me at all.

Oh god.... effort :eek::(:mad:

That was always part of the fun, though, in years gone by :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Sure all you need is to download a patch and copy it over. Takes all off 10 minutes. Also does anyone know if you can get a patch for the Xbox version of the game? Always used to buy the PS3 version and download the patch but have a Xbox in my room and since I'm sharing a house with others I might get the Xbox version this year.

Played the game only twice yesterday and must say I really enjoyed it. Didn't get any game last year but think I might pick it up this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Kirby wrote: »

The only thing that has changed is the game speed in UT. The physics, etc are not UT specific.

They have not developed two game engines in FIFA 12.

My point was, with the faster speed of FIFA generally, and especially UT, players like Scholes/Pirlo are not as useful as they should be.

It doesn't seem to be a problem in PES.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Played the demo for the past couple of days. Still not sure what to make of it. The goalkeeper shot stopping is still suspect. They parry a lot. And what's with the goalkeeper throw outs. They lob the ball high in the air, most of the time it goes to opposing players. There is also no pace on the throw outs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Just played it there. Not impressed. Game play feels wooden and hollow! Much preferred the GP on fifa12

Advertisement