Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo 13 PS3 Demo.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Dunnie1982

Played the demo for the past couple of days. Still not sure what to make of it. The goalkeeper shot stopping is still suspect. They parry a lot. And what's with the goalkeeper throw outs. They lob the ball high in the air, most of the time it goes to opposing players. There is also no pace on the throw outs.

I just played a few games of the demo (PS3) this evening & I'm very impressed, but both the faults you have mentioned with the goalkeepers were the main gripes I have with it. I used to play PES until FIFA 09 just went miles ahead & PES took a step back. If the couple of faults with the goalkeepers are ironed out I'll definitely get this when it comes out.

Slightly off topic, have Konami fixed the online in PES over the last few years. When I used to play PES 2008 the online was shocking, with rubber banding happening most of time, making it unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Played a few local games tonight and enjoyed it.

GK throw-outs are weird as said. Way too lofty.
    Pass power bar is suspect at times.
    Prefer FIFA's one button way of telling someone to run - don't like pressing in on RS at all.

Gameplay feels good though.
    Skill moves actually take some skill and work, rather than just flicking a stick every direction.
    Can create some nice chances and vary up the play (although I'm sure over time the sweet spots and tactics would get found out).
    Glad they changed the ball kicking sound. Was ridiculous in previous games.

Have to unlearn a bit from FIFA, but I definitely like the feel of the demo. Big step up and improvement. Now I'm curious what all the question marks on the menu are.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Played a few local games tonight and enjoyed it.

GK throw-outs are weird as said. Way too lofty.
    Pass power bar is suspect at times.
    Prefer FIFA's one button way of telling someone to run - don't like pressing in on RS at all.

Gameplay feels good though.
    Skill moves actually take some skill and work, rather than just flicking a stick every direction.
    Can create some nice chances and vary up the play (although I'm sure over time the sweet spots and tactics would get found out).
    Glad they changed the ball kicking sound. Was ridiculous in previous games.

Have to unlearn a bit from FIFA, but I definitely like the feel of the demo. Big step up and improvement. Now I'm curious what all the question marks on the menu are.

This is why many won't like the game, including myself. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Not a bashing or comparison post. Just getting that out there.

But I really don't like the Pes13 faces. Replays after you score a goal. I mean look at Rooney! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Kirby wrote: »

But I really don't like the Pes13 faces. Replays after you score a goal. I mean look at Rooney! :eek:

Think they went a little bit overboard on Rooneys shrek likeness :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

Always thought PES had better graphics than FIFA, Rooney's face looks crap in FIFA12 too. PES2010 had unbelievable graphics if I remember correctly (could be PES2011), stepped back a bit since then but don't care much for them.

Also, the main gripes I have with the demo can always be fixed, the game won't be out for another two months and another demo is hinted.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

There'll defo be another demo I'd say - same as last year.

Like it myself, it has a good flow to it.
    One-twos don't seem to work as well as previous games though, hopefully they sort that out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Kirby wrote: »

Poor Lescott

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

How many teams are officially licenced in the upcoming PES? Was a fan, switched to FIFA but am thinking of going back if the reviews are good :D
    There'll be an option file out after a few days on pesgaming. And as far as I know (on the ps3 anyway) you can select all and copy across everything from a memory stick now. Before you had to select each item seperately, select destination folder and confirm with about 600 items :(
    But I'm pretty sure now you can select all, it was in a playstation update.
    Dunnie1982 wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, have Konami fixed the online in PES over the last few years. When I used to play PES 2008 the online was shocking, with rubber banding happening most of time, making it unplayable.
    I wouldn't hold my breath. The online lobby system they use is terrible. The lack of options is shocking, every year they seem to make it worse and worse online. Their whole online part of PES needs to be started from scratch. It's so painful to set up a game I just couldn't be arsed and play master league or become a legend instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've got a couple of friends who work at Konami. They told me that this year's Pro Evo was going to be the "same old ****" (that's a direct quote :D ) but that a lot of work is already going into a complete revamp for Pro Evo 14 which they think will be the one which gets them back on top in the footy sim market.

Fingers crossed. I play FIFA. I like FIFA. But if Konami can give me a Pro Evo worth playing then I'd much rather play that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I've got a couple of friends who work at Konami. They told me that this year's Pro Evo was going to be the "same old ****" (that's a direct quote :D ) but that a lot of work is already going into a complete revamp for Pro Evo 14 which they think will be the one which gets them back on top in the footy sim market.

Fingers crossed. I play FIFA. I like FIFA. But if Konami can give me a Pro Evo worth playing then I'd much rather play that.

Does not compute...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I grew up playing Pro Evo. It's my game. I play FIFA now because it's been objectively the better game for a while but my soul still dies a little each time I open that horrible EA case and put their game into my PS3.

EDIT - and also because I get Pro Evo for free....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Beefy78 wrote: »

Hope that's true, I've completely given up on the online play. It's like they're purposly trying to make it worse each year!
    The master league could do with a freshening up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

I find PES onilne is pretty good in terms of lag but online features arent at the same level as FIFA. I mostly play 2v2 with friends which is great craic, and play master league online.

Really enjoy the new demo, wish it was 10 min games. Loving the manual game play, it can be so rewarding. Manual shots seem to have a bit more power to them.
    The new player ID system looks like it could be great, and I like the close control dribbling. Some of the AI is very good especially the off the ball runs players like Balotelli make.
    I'm hoping players who spam the run button with the speed merchant players wont do as well this year, it seems like you have to create space and play smart to do well.

WENB will have an option file ready for release day so that will be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Second demo announced. 11 teams, 10 minute games. Training stuff. And other improvements! I am intrigued. Hoping for good things. First demo was decent and definitely a step in the right direction. Hoping a couple of the gripes I had have been looked at.
    The second demo for Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 will go live will be available for download on Xbox 360 on August 28th, and on PlayStation 3 on August 29th according to Konami. A demo will be made available for PC players, but not until later in September.

The second demo will give players more of an indication how the final product will play out, and will also feature more options. The demo will feature 11 fully licensed teams and the possibility to play 10 minute matches. Players will also get their hands on the new training trials. Finally, new anthems have been added for the match day presentation to play while the starting line-ups are being shown off.

Konami has said that it has listened to the feedback of those who played the first demo and the Gamescom build. As a result, the second demo is “packed with improvements.” Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 made a good first impression thanks to its demo and could prove to be a worthy title contender this year.

🤪

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

I played the demo and I think it's more realistic than Fifa. It's hard to play when you know the fifa controls though.

The crossing of the ball and player actions are very realistic imo. Wouldn't mind getting both fifa and pro evo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I was chatting to Naoya Hatsumi last week and the best news he had was that the contract breakdowns have been improved in master league. You now get an indication of why the player didn't accept it. If he wants more money or thinks you are too small etc.

Been playing the two early builds and enjoyed it a lot but like everything it takes a good 50+ games to work out the annoying bugs.

If anyone wants to read up on what they told us its here, basically its the new full control, new AI, Player ID and the master league transfer breakdowns.

http://www.bone-idle.ie/index.php/pro-evolution-soccer-2013-hands-on-preview/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Does anybody know where to download a patch for the Ps3 demo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Messi is just onfire in the demo, some of his goals are just mind blowing. The demo is exciting to play, I find with Fifa you tend to score a lot of similar goals..Gets boring after a while.

Advertisement