Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mamas and Papas Zoom vs. Quinny Buzz

Options
  • 28-07-2012 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Well we have it narrowed down to two travel systems at this stage.
    The Mamas and Papas Zoom package is €542 and I get a 10% discount in that store , so €500, and the Quinny Buzz package is €600. To be honest, €100 isn't going to sway me either way.
    I'm really looking for advice or opinions from people who have seen them or tried them out or own them!
    Things I like about the M&P Zoom are that it's light , the carrycot and seat are good and roomy,I like the shape of the chassis, easy manouevreability(sp?)
    Things I like about the Buzz are the shape, the style of it, easy to manouevre
    Things I don't like about the Zoom are that it's very black, as in there's no grey bits, its all black, there are no cushion straps on the harness and a few other cosmetic things.(you have to buy the bumper bar extra)
    Things I don't like about the Buzz are the size of the seat, it looks small?, and I found the chassis a bit heavier when lifting it(is it heavy?)
    They have different wheels, the buzz has the air wheels , the zoom doesn't- are the air wheels a pro or a con?
    Sorry for waffling on, hope that ye can help me out with our decision- thanks a mill:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

The Mamas and Papas Zoom package is €542 and I get a 10% discount in that store , so €500, and the Quinny Buzz package is €600. To be honest, €100 isn't going to sway me either way.
    I'm really looking for advice or opinions from people who have seen them or tried them out or own them!
    Things I like about the M&P Zoom are that it's light , the carrycot and seat are good and roomy,I like the shape of the chassis, easy manouevreability(sp?)
    Things I don't like about the Zoom are that it's very black, as in there's no grey bits, its all black, there are no cushion straps on the harness and a few other cosmetic things.(you have to buy the bumper bar extra)
    Things I don't like about the Buzz are the size of the seat, it looks small?, and I found the chassis a bit heavier when lifting it(is it heavy?)
    They have different wheels, the buzz has the air wheels , the zoom doesn't- are the air wheels a pro or a con?
    Sorry for waffling on, hope that ye can help me out with our decision- thanks a mill:)
    We actually decided on the uppababy vista but one thing that did sway me was not having air wheels. They can get flats and need pumping up and etc. Not a fan of hard plastic wheels either since there is so little shock absorption! There are prams out there with a hard foam wheel....durable and shock absorbing IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

Thanks for that Rachiniere- did you get the uppababy vista in Tralee?I have seen it before, must have another look at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

We had the Quinny Buzz, have more or less stopped using it now in favor of a lighter stroller but loved it when we were using it. We used it for the first year, then alternated between it and stroller for a few months and now it's almost retired!

It is quite heavy lifting into the boot but that didn't really cause us any problems. I liked the air wheels cause I find them easier to push (got a stroller with air wheels too). We never got a flat tyre and think we only pumped them twice or three times (you get the pump with it). The new Quinnys come with an extra seat for toddlers because they had the issues with the seat being too small so that shouldn't be a problem.

We used the carry cot for all her daytime naps when she was small which was handy, and loved being able to clip car seat straight onto the chassis.

As I say we don't use it anymore but if I was going back buying again I'd probably still pick it, the only thing that might sway me away from it would be if I found a buggy I liked that converts to a double!

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

We have had the Quinny buzz for our little girl for 18 months now. We really like it but we are changing to an icandy or Phil and Teds verve as number 4 is imminent. We are about to put the buzz up for sale but not with the maxi cosi car seat and isofix base as we need that for number 4. You can pick up the isofix base and car seat second hand for €100. PM me if you are interested in buying our buzz (with buggy seat, replacement seat that's as new, pram, pram cover, rain cover for buggy, mosquito net, shopping bag underneath, blanket, all in one footmuff, black in colour)

Pity that Quinny do not have attachments for expanding the buzz to a 2 seater because it's a great buggy.

Thanks for that Rachiniere- did you get the uppababy vista in Tralee?I have seen it before, must have another look at it!
    We did! The sales woman there was so helpful and lovely! We looked at other systems but nothing ticked all of our boxes like the uppababy. Lightweight, carrycot can be used as a proper Moses basket, came with the maxi cosi car seat and the toddler seat was brilliant and we can turn it into a double! It's pricey but well worth our money IMO. They said they will deliver it to us in limerick after we finish paying whenever suits us best! The uppababy is worth a look! Ok I'll stop gushing now haha :p

• Advertisement

Rachineire wrote: »
    We did! The sales woman there was so helpful and lovely! We looked at other systems but nothing ticked all of our boxes like the uppababy. Lightweight, carrycot can be used as a proper Moses basket, came with the maxi cosi car seat and the toddler seat was brilliant and we can turn it into a double! It's pricey but well worth our money IMO. They said they will deliver it to us in limerick after we finish paying whenever suits us best! The uppababy is worth a look! Ok I'll stop gushing now haha :p

Rachineire , if you don't mind me asking, how much was the package there?In Limerick it didn't include the carseat. I will deffo have another look at it!So much for me decision being nearly made!

Little miss teach I'll PM you with all the details that I have on it, I dont want to overclog this thread with uppababy stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

I'm pretty much in agreement with Sillysocks :)

I had the Quinnybuzz for no1 and adored it, got fantastic use from the carrycot pram at home for sleeping in during the day and going for walks, it was handy for when we were travelling overnight too and she was too small for a travel cot. When we'd take her out in the car we'd sling the base in the boot for adding the carseat.

I picked up a Gracco stadium style double when no2 came along but continued to use Quinny Buzz when we didn't need them both in prams until eventually the Gracco or a pair of light e20 parasol type strollers from mothercare became more useful and the Buzz went into the attic. We've no3 arriving soon and I can't wait to have the Buzz around again :) I loved how the air tyres made it light and easy to push. I think it has a puncture at the moment, but replacement tubes are only a few euro and there's loads of online places that'll post them out.

Well after all that, we decided on the iCandy peach! Thanks for all yer help

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Excited

Hi LMT, can I ask where you saw the QuinnyBuzz for 600? Think it was in Mothercare for around 800. I thought they said it was dwn from a thousand!
    Tks!

• Advertisement

Excited wrote: »
    Hi LMT, can I ask where you saw the QuinnyBuzz for 600? Think it was in Mothercare for around 800. I thought they said it was dwn from a thousand!
    Tks!
    Hey Excited,
    last week in the sale the Quinny Buzz package was 600, the quinny Moodd was about 800- I would strongly advise you to ring Tralee Nursery Supplies though, they do much better packages, we got ours about 300€ cheaper in Tralee than in Limerick( that was on the iCandy peach)- they do free delivery to Limerick and you can pay deposit and in instalments.Highly recommend them

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Excited

Thanks a mill! Was that a sale in Mothercare? Yeah several people have mentioned that shop in Tralee! Worth a visit, I'd say!
    Next question (sorry!!) ... can I ask what persuaded you to go for the Icandy in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

We'll take €250-€300 for our Buzz. We are also trading to an iCandy because of a new arrival.
    http://s1160.photobucket.com/albums/q496/sharheh/

For one child the Buzz is hard to beat but if you plan on having more children in the next 2 years then don't buy a Buzz because it can't be upgraded to a double. :(

Thanks a mill! Was that a sale in Mothercare? Yeah several people have mentioned that shop in Tralee! Worth a visit, I'd say!
    Next question (sorry!!) ... can I ask what persuaded you to go for the Icandy in the end?

The shop in tralee is brillant!! I'm a big fan!!

Hey Excited, sorry took so long to get back to you.
    We fell in love with the iCandy when we saw it in Limerick, just the whole look and style of it, but it was way outside our budget. In Tralee, it was a couple of hundred cheaper- We were looking at 3 systems down there the quinny buzz, a mutsy one and the iCandy- We like that it's got good big wheels, puncture free wheels, the size of the seat and cot are good, easy to fold up and carry, big selling point was that you can add a second seat- we would have gone for the uppababy vista , but even with the handle at it's lowest setting it was still too high for me(you can add a second seat to that one too)- really excited about our iCandy :-)

Advertisement