Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corsair M60 or Razer Deathadder Black Edition

Options
  • 28-07-2012 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

So I am looking at these two mice at the moment:

Corsair M60
    Vengeance-M60-Laser-Gaming-Mouse.jpg

Razer Deathadder Black Edition
    razer-deathadder-black-edition-limited-edition-gaming-usb-mouse-1102-24-bruceleestore@2.jpg

I'm a casual gamer that likes to have quality peripherals. I'm looking for a quality mouse to compliment a new keyboard (possibly Corsair K60/90).

The M60 is Corsairs foray into fps targeted mouse users. I'm not overly taken with the 'sniper' button on the side. A few reviewers have mentioned it can be hard to reach depending on how you hold the the mouse and hand size etc. Corsair generally make quality hardware though. It looks sturdy.

The Deathadder Black Edition appearance wise appeals to me (love black). However, it appears flimsier in design judging by pictures. Its previous incarnation gets rave reviews across the board so it is hard to ignore. They are both similar in price too.

With regards my grip, I think I am a cross between claw and palm but would probably adapt to either if necessary.

I probably grip something like this:
    fingertip_grip.jpg

I always find YouTube a great resource for researching hardware etc although why they put so much emphasis on "unboxing" a product is beyond me! lol

If only shops in Dublin had these mice on display to test them out! :(
    I'd appreciate any thoughts you may have!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I'm thinking about upgrading to a Rosewill 9000RE, it's a really plain looking Cherry red keyed mechanical keyboard with 104key rollover. (here)

Currently I'm using a razer deathadder from 2008, still great except for my mouse 4 button is loose and jiggles around annoyingly and doesn't press properly, but that was because of a less than clever person pushing the button as hard as she possibly could when facebook wasn't loading. (My sister has since been banned from using anything I own.)

I bought a Mamba in 2009, it was fine, I suppose. The weight felt great on it, and the wireless was very good too, zero lag and meant I never had wires pulling in the opposite direction, however the little slip mats under the mouse deteriorated and left the mouse pretty much useless, and I switched back to my Deathadder a few weeks ago and realized that the swollen battery of my mamba was the real problem, something had gone wrong and my battery became 3x the size it was intended to be.

A lot of people complain about razers build quality, and they're not very wrong, two mice, two broken. The only mouse that competes with the deathadder IMO is the Xai, but that's 20euro more expensive depending where you get it, so I don't know if it's worth it. Also deathadder is one of the only choices if you have big hands and don't like clawing.

I want to buy a BenQ XL2420, New razer deathadder, and a Rosewill 9000RE. I need two jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I'm thinking about upgrading to a Rosewill 9000RE, it's a really plain looking Cherry red keyed mechanical keyboard with 104key rollover. (here)

Currently I'm using a razer deathadder from 2008, still great except for my mouse 4 button is loose and jiggles around annoyingly and doesn't press properly, but that was because of a less than clever person pushing the button as hard as she possibly could when facebook wasn't loading. (My sister has since been banned from using anything I own.)

I bought a Mamba in 2009, it was fine, I suppose. The weight felt great on it, and the wireless was very good too, zero lag and meant I never had wires pulling in the opposite direction, however the little slip mats under the mouse deteriorated and left the mouse pretty much useless, and I switched back to my Deathadder a few weeks ago and realized that the swollen battery of my mamba was the real problem, something had gone wrong and my battery became 3x the size it was intended to be.

A lot of people complain about razers build quality, and they're not very wrong, two mice, two broken. The only mouse that competes with the deathadder IMO is the Xai, but that's 20euro more expensive depending where you get it, so I don't know if it's worth it. Also deathadder is one of the only choices if you have big hands and don't like clawing.

I want to buy a BenQ XL2420, New razer deathadder, and a Rosewill 9000RE. I need two jobs.

I used to have a Razer Lachesis but it was too light and uncomfortable. I am currently using a Roccat Kone which I don't like at all. The flash light stays on even when computer is off which is annoying at night time!

I don't think I have particularly big hands but do you think that rules out the deathadder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

py2006 wrote: »
    I used to have a Razer Lachesis but it was too light and uncomfortable. I am currently using a Roccat Kone which I don't like at all. The flash light stays on even when computer is off which is annoying at night time!

I don't think I have particularly big hands but do you think that rules out the deathadder?

I have a Razer lachesis and find it uncomfortable but its an awesome mouse for gaming so I kept using it for years even though I had a alot of other high end mice. I tested out a death adder and it is much more comfortable and just as accurate for gaming so I'm waiting on mine to arrive monday.
    The same happens with my roccat keyboard, the lights stay on and it makes a damn buzzing noise so if i'm powering off my spare computer I have to unplug the cable :(.

deceit wrote: »
    I have a Razer lachesis and find it uncomfortable but its an awesome mouse for gaming so I kept using it for years even though I had a alot of other high end mice. I tested out a death adder and it is much more comfortable and just as accurate for gaming so I'm waiting on mine to arrive monday.
    The same happens with my roccat keyboard, the lights stay on and it makes a damn buzzing noise so if i'm powering off my spare computer I have to unplug the cable :(.

I find that every third or fourth time I boot up my pc it doesn't recognise my mouse. I have to disconnect and connect again and it will pick it up. Not sure if that is an issue with the Roccat mouse or the usb itself.

In 2008 I was 13 and certainly didn't have very big hands, and it was just as comfortable as it is today.

http://www.cssmixes.eu/news/hardware-survey is interesting, shows most used hardware configurations on cssmixes.

Deathadder the most used there, and something similar is seen on ESEA, but I can't find the link to the esea survey.

• Advertisement

In 2008 I was 13 and certainly didn't have very big hands, and it was just as comfortable as it is today.

http://www.cssmixes.eu/news/hardware-survey is interesting, shows most used hardware configurations on cssmixes.

Deathadder the most used there, and something similar is seen on ESEA, but I can't find the link to the esea survey.

Wow the Roccat Kone scores quite highly on that. I am surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Deathaddder is going to be my next mouse. I have sentinel and FFs I hate it. Now and then it loves to do some random **** and accuracy can go off by a mile. Very very frustrating when playing rts games.

I had some Microsoft/razer freak mouse and it was just amazing. It broke down, but not thanks to razer or ms quality. It's thanks to dickhead who went in to nerd rage, when lost Starcraft 2 match and slammed poor thing in to table breaking mouse 1 button. That dickhead was me btw...

I just spent a fortune already on my pc upgrades so next thing is going to be Deathadder and corsair k60

I just spent a fortune already on my pc upgrades so next thing is going to be Deathadder and corsair k60

I'm looking at the K60 and K90 too.

deceit wrote: »

a feck it, ill just ask. where did you ordered your one? i might upgrade my mouse as my current one gives me nerdrage.

i got CM storm Sentinel advance and its rubbish. i just wonder how much more abuse my bank account can handle this month :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

py2006,

Sure i saw a Deathadder in PC world Carrigmines, they have them on their site here (75??-jog on-bloody gangsters), so they may have one in other branches as well. You could wander in and try one-same size as the black edition AFAIK.

My current mouse is a 3.5G Deathadder which I think is brilliant, reason being its the first left hand specific mouse I ever got. I have had a few over the years, mainly because they have a few decent ambidextrous models. Had a couple of copperheads, which were great mice, and a lachesis which I thought was the most uncomfortable oversized pig of a thing I have ever used. I like the rubberised coating they use, and they feel substantial enough, but find the buttons get a bit loose & rattled if you are a heavy user.

Thinking bout a Steelseries for my next mouse though.

• Advertisement

Too late for the test drive unfortunately. I ordered the deathadder about an hour ago. Should be here Tuesday!

Too late for the test drive unfortunately. I ordered the deathadder about an hour ago. Should be here Tuesday!

from?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭drdoon

I have a quad core q6600 @2.4GHZ & 4GB RAM running 32 bit windows OS. It's over 4 years old now and keeps crashing. I'm thinking the harddrive could be losing it. But I don't want to go out and but a full tower. Any ideas on upgrades with current setup. Probably limied by motherboard of course, but could at least go for new HD with clean install, maybe some faster RAM!

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

from?

Scan. I usually go to Overclockers but they were cheaper.

Scan. I usually go to Overclockers but they were cheaper.

how much it was in the end then? with delivery?

how much it was in the end then? with delivery?

I know I know, your gonna tell me I could have got it far cheaper elsewhere!!
    It cost €60. I got other items with it too.

66eu delivered.

60eu delivered from komplet.ie, but they got only the old 3g version of it.

i just really hate scan.co.uk log in system... they lost my account already.

66eu delivered.

60eu delivered from komplet.ie, but they got only the old 3g version of it.

i just really hate scan.co.uk log in system... they lost my account already.

Yea, its my first time using them. I will see how it goes. I really don't like their website, it is very confusing.

I know I know, your gonna tell me I could have got it far cheaper elsewhere!!
    It cost €60. I got other items with it too.

not really. i am looking where to get it myself. i am not a fan just to pay cheapest. i usually just go with crowd i trust most and which has good delivery service.
    its a shame komplett has only old one, not updated version of it.

scan.co.uk is great to deal with and has briliant delivery service, but their log in system and account management is a fecking joke. i bought like 1.8k eu worth stuff and now my account is gone and i cant use recovery method, because it forces you to enter post code... :rolleyes:
    i just made one more account last time and now i cant get in to it again.... thats on same email btw...

• Advertisement

not really. i am looking where to get it myself. i am not a fan just to pay cheapest. i usually just go with crowd i trust most and which has good delivery service.
    its a shame komplett has only old one, not updated version of it.

scan.co.uk is great to deal with and has briliant delivery service, but their log in system and account management is a fecking joke. i bought like 1.8k eu worth stuff and now my account is gone and i cant use recovery method, because it forces you to enter post code... :rolleyes:
    i just made one more account last time and now i cant get in to it again.... thats on same email btw...

Wow that is bad. I have used overclockers.co.uk a lot. I love their site and forums. Their delivery is top notch but I think they are a little pricier than scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭drdoon

mAhahah my sides, stop you're killing me

drdoon wrote: »
    mAhahah my sides, stop you're killing me

you okay,love?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I got the M90 [the mmo version of M60] a while back and sent it back soon after.

Dcully wrote: »
    I got the M90 [the mmo version of M60] a while back and sent it back soon after.

how come?

Advertisement