Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for new runners.

Options
  • 28-07-2012 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Quick post here as I'm tapping this out from my phone.

I've been quite lucky with my current runners and have managed to get far more use of them than I probably should have; the time has come, however, and I need new shoes.

Problem is I know nothing. I used to buy asics (sp?) and according to the label on my current shoe I am using addidas 'response'.

I don't often run outdoors - I used to, and but these days I do all my running on the treadmill. I run for just over 30 minutes per day 5 days a week, couples with weights training.

Comfort and durabity are probably the most important factors; good value would be preferable. I don't have a huge budget, but I'm willing to pay that little bit more for quality.

I'd love to hear your opinions/recommendations.

If you know of a particular vendor worth buying from do let me know. I'll be in London this week, so if you're aware of any over there please mention.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭sportfanatic

I'm wearing a pair of Brooks Adrenaline for the past few months and love them, have only used them outdoors so not sure what the considerations should be made of treadmill running.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

I'm wearing a pair of Brooks Adrenaline for the past few months and love them, have only used them outdoors so not sure what the considerations should be made of treadmill running.

Thanks for the advice - looking into them now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Afaik, there are 3 types of Adidas response: Cushion, stability and control.
    Each one is completely different to the other in terms of support/motion control. You should not take advice of anyone based on 'these work for me' until you at least know that they are in the same category of shoe that are currently working for you.
    Do you have any idea which of the adidas response range you currently have?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

Hi there, different runners for different people some runners will suit you others wont
    But I am using Nike dual fusions (2) very good the best ones i have tried yet (running 6 years now ,50 miles a week)
    light ,comfortable and fast love them
    You might be able to get them cheaper outside Ireland usually in the region of €90
    I currently have 2 new pairs to wear as I got them in a Nike shop in Kerry for €44 each might be worth a try
    All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Hi there, different runners for different people some runners will suit you others wont
    But I am using Nike dual fusions (2) very good the best ones i have tried yet (running 6 years now ,50 miles a week)
    light ,comfortable and fast love them
    You might be able to get them cheaper outside Ireland usually in the region of €90
    I currently have 2 new pairs to wear as I got them in a Nike shop in Kerry for €44 each might be worth a try
    All the best

They sell for £35-40 pounds on Amazon or Sports direct

• Advertisement
Advertisement