Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bring iPad back to Belfast store?

• 28-07-2012 12:01pm

Hi guys

I have a 3rd generation iPad and it has some broken pixels, if i went up to Belfast this afternoon, would they swap it with me or do I need to make an appointment with their "genius" first? Basically, their genus appointments are all booked up today so I don't want to drive up and not have someone deal with the issue...

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Hi guys

I have a 3rd generation iPad and it has some broken pixels, if i went up to Belfast this afternoon, would they swap it with me or do I need to make an appointment with their "genius" first? Basically, their genus appointments are all booked up today so I don't want to drive up and not have someone deal with the issue...

cheers

You don't need a Genius Bar appointment for something that is physically amiss, such as you describe.

Your new iPad is still clearly under warranty and has dead pixels; therefore they will fix and/or replace -you simply bring it in.

culabula wrote: »
    You don't need a Genius Bar appointment for something that is physically amiss, such as you describe.

Your new iPad is still clearly under warranty and has dead pixels; therefore they will fix and/or replace -you simply bring it in.

How frustrating, I actually called up the Belfast store and they told me I needed to make an appointment with a genius. Bloody hell, I knew I should have just driven up!

Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

How frustrating, I actually called up the Belfast store and they told me I needed to make an appointment with a genius. Bloody hell, I knew I should have just driven up!

Thanks for the reply

In my experience, a problem will always be addressed as quickly as possible by staff in the Apple Store; should it warrant it, it will be escalated to a manager. A Genius Appointment is not a pre-requisite, though clearly it is desirable.

I once walked in with a dead iPad at 0930. It hadn't worked for 10 hours. Despite the fact that I suggested it might be because of the extreme (-10) cold that winter, despite the fact that it came back on in-store, embarrassing me, they still insisted in presenting me with a brand-new iPad charger and an invite to come straight back should the problem re-manifest itself.

Apple Store Staff: as Fr Ted said of the Chinese "a great bunch of lads".

Advertisement