Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Scopetronic Homeguard Alarm

Options
  • 28-07-2012 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi There

Im Still in trouble with the Scopetronic Homeguard Alarm, i had a faulty PIR in the hall & replaced it, my problem is the hall PIR is close to the front door & when i set the alarm it goes off straight away before i get out. i tried 2 different setting Changes on Command 44 & command 46 i enter Zone 1 &* but it doesnt give me the C O Signal, It gives me C E instead & doesnt work, Any suggestions In what im Doing wrong Or Anything I can Do To Make it right. Thanks again.

Call Pat

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved from manuals thread.

Have you opened the keypad tamper?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Call Pat

Hi Koolkid

Yes I Enter Engineer Code, Open Keypad at front door to release tamper switch, enter command 44, followed by 1 for zone 1 then *, i keep getting the C E Reply instead of the C O, i wonder why this is, its not allowing to change Any Commands?

Cheers Call Pat

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try hash insted of star and see does it remove the option.
    Is it accepting other engineer commands or is everything giving CE.?
    If so try opening the main control panel and using the keypad on that .

Hi Koolkid

Thanks for getting back to me. The control panel doesnt have a key pad on it, just a remote keypad at front door, i can try opening panel lid as well. I think im getting CE for all commands unfortunataly, i will try what your saying first anyways, alarm is setting & unsetting ok but not allowing me to get out the door with out alarm going off with PIR in hallway, Contact on Front Door letting Me Out Ok. Could i Move The PIR zone Onto The Exit Entry Zone If Nothing works.

Cheers Call Pat

If its not allowing any commands its like its not seeing the tamper open. Try open the panel tamper.
    Also try 44* and 46 * to see will it display status.

• Advertisement

Hi Koolkid

I will try all that you have said & see how we get on

Thanks again
    Call Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cork bhoy

Had a power cut recently and the quick set, 0#4 and 0#5 not working, anyone have a fix

Are you getting anything displaying when you press 0#4 ,0#5 or 0#7.
    Does the keypad respond if you enter 0 and your code.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cork bhoy

panel stays blank when i put in 0 hash
    4 or 5, the alarm sets with the no. but i cant get it to quick set,
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭johnlambe

I have the same problem as Cork bhoy, after replacing the battery in a HomeGuard system.
    Also, I don't have the engineer manual. (The installer didn't give us it, presumably to keep us dependent on him).

KoolKid, could you give me a copy of the engineer manual?

• Advertisement

I PMed you that. Hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GuilleDublin

Hello, I have an issue with my Scopetronic homeguard as well. Can I have the engineer manual too? Cheers!

PMed you that manual. I hope it helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Schuie

Hi. Could I trouble you for a manual too. I've an f2 fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭ppn

I know this is an old thread but would anyone happen to have a manual for the scopetronic homeguard. We can only turn it on or off but don't know how to arm zones only like the external doors and windows only. Any help much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

If it helps any, to part guard the good ol Homeguard it's 0#7.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭ppn

Thanks, I must test this and see if it woeks. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Sorry for bumping an oldish thread but I've run into some issues with this model of house alarm.

Apparently we had a few power cuts in the area today. I came home at lunch time to find the alarm had gone off at some stage, external alarm box was silent but internal siren was screaming. Disarmed via keypad, all good.
    Came home this evening to find the same thing, external alarm silent but internal screaming.

This time however the keypad is completely unresponsive. System armed on display. Had to kill the power to the alarm to kill the internal siren but the external alarm was going off but not at full volume. Had to disconnect the battery to stop it completely.

I popped into the neighbors to ask if the power had gone off since lunch time and they said at least twice. I've checked the four fuses on the board with a multimeter and all are OK. I checked the battery and it's reading 10.24V
    The alarm is 10+ years old and on the original batery, so would that reading be considered too low for a 12V battery in this system?

With the mains still off and the battery reconnected the external alarm starts to sound but the display on the keypad is fairly dim and pulsates in time to the alarm going off, when I switch the power back on the display comes back to normal but still unresponsive.

If the battery is weak, could it cause the keypad to stop working even with the mains back on or does it sound like the main board didn't like the multiple cuts in power?

Thanks!

Sounds like the panel could be done for. If the battery is disconnected the mains power should allow the keypad to operate the system.
    Power it down completely & disconnect the external bell would be the best way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I had it disconnected from the mains and battery for a few hours. Out of curiosity I just fired up the mains and left the battery disconnected. Keypad came back to life and let me disarm the unit. I killed the mains and then stuck the battery back in and the keypad became unresponsive again so turned the mains back off. While the battery was under load I measured the voltage at 4.3V

Think I'll try a fresh battery and see what happens.

Thanks for the input KoolKid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Just wondering did you get this back working.
    Have same alarm and came home tonight to power cut. As soonas power came back on, outside sounder started going off but panel is completely unresponsive...

Anyone know how to get either the panel back responsive or how I disconnect the power? Do I just disconnect the blue, green, black and red cables? I can’t leave it the way it is as everytime someone opens the door, alarm starts beeping as if I’ve just set it!

Thanks

Best thing to do is open the panel & remove the mains fuse & disconnect the battery.
    Before you do what type of bell box is outside the house?

Just a white box with no markings with blue light flashing to beeps of alarm when I open the door. Alarm now going off again outside as I left door open for more than 10 secs!!

Edit: Panel in toilet has a europlex sticker on front

OK
    As long as the bell box isn't the old metal box its OK to power down.

KoolKid wrote: »
    OK
    As long as the bell box isn't the old metal box its OK to power down.

Took fuse out and everything turned off. No power to anything now. Have battery disconnected and going to see if I can get new one tomorrow somewhere!
    Cheers for the help

Your welcome.
    If you need anything come back to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 liamo1979

KoolKid wrote: »
    PMed you that manual. I hope it helps.

Hey there, could i get a copy of the installation manual too please. Just moved moved into a house with one of these alarms. Thanks

Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you here with manuals.
    Most good installers would be able to look after you with one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

My alarm system is Scopetronic Homeguard, installed 1994. The installation company are no longer in business.

A fire alarm (Europlex smoke detector) is connected into the system, and is now chirping every few minutes or so.” The interface allows the smoke detector to operate from the control panel 12 volt supply and provides the control panel with an alarm indication via relay contacts.(Europlex literature)” I don’t know whether I have the older or the newer version

I see a replacement 6 A.H. battery for Scopetronic Homeguard control panel for sale online, approx. €12. If I knock off the electricity at the mains, is it possible for a lay person to replace this battery.

A home owner’s manual was supplied with the system in '94, but no Engineers' Manual.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

i switched off the main s suplly, and before I got to the control panel the alarm went off, I couldn't listen to it and switched the mains back on again. I had intended opening the control box to remove the battery.

Advertisement