Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Garden & Theater Launch Night (CP's)

Options
  • 28-07-2012 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Dear reader,
    My friends and I were looking so forward to the re-opening of CP’s tonight, now known as electric garden. Night started great as A-Trak were playing ( who were excellent), a Dj me and many of my friends have been looking forward to. 15 euro entry wasn’t helped by a club rep from Bentley club telling us it was 20 euro entry, ticket only and full at electric garden (Cp’s)

I decided not to bring my A.T.M card as I’m quite bad with my money. So my girlfriend had exactly 60 euro on her. After entry for both me and her (30 euro) we were left with 30 euro. A twenty euro note and a ten euro note. My girlfriend then gave me ten euro to buy two drinks worth ten euro leaving us with a twenty euro note.

After about half an hour my girlfriend decided to buy a drink. Two tequila. After handing in the twenty euro note she was given four euro change. This would mean the tequila shots amounted to eight euro each. When asked the bar man replied “Yes they are eight euro each”. When confronted he said he had given the extra ten euro to my girlfriends friend. My girlfriend, confused by the price asked me, as I am a bar person if this is right. I approached a different bar (As there are several in the club) and asked the price of tequila and if this was equal in all bars. The bar person replied (three euro in all bars, all bars are the same price)

Angered, I approached the bar person that served my girlfriend and asked for her ten euro to be returned. After about fifteen minutes and a lot of abuse from the bar staff I was finally greeted by the manager. Firstly he told me I was wrong and that his bar staff never made any mistakes. After he talked to his bar person he said that his bar person “received only a ten euro note and that his staff is right. Afterwards he assured me that tills would be checked and that any money taken in the wrong would be refunded shortly.....

After trying to enjoy my night I returned (approx two to three hours later) and was told by bar staff that the till was currently being counted by the management.

Approx thirty to thirty-five minutes later I returned. I was put on a seat and told to wait. After forty-eight minutes and multiple attempts to remove me from the premises as well as talking to multiple security and bar personnel I was greeted with the manager (<snip>) once more.

<snip>, kindly handed me the ten euro note and said “ I didn’t get a chance to count to count the till so ill take your word for it” I replied. “Is that it? After almost two hours waiting for my own money I get told ye may be wrong”. Manager replied “Look you’re either up a tenner or even so just leave”.

I replied with a certain degree that this was not good enough and if that was all they were willing to compensate me with that I would take this further. The manager replied “What the **** does that mean? You want to sort this out the old way and jump across the bar and fight like the good old days?
    I replied “No I will put this all over the internet and I will be on every radio show that will have me until I feel respected again after the way ye dis-respected me”.
    He simply replied “Get the **** out and take your friends with you or you will be removed”

Any questions or follow ups??

<snip>

Email: [email]<no mail in forum, see charter>[/email]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

From West (mail removed as it's not allowed there) but moved to Consumer Issues as it seems you need advice on how to proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

How exactly do you expect to be compensated? To be honest, they refunded your money, so what extra are you looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

For consumer rights we have various forums including the small claims court.
    For crap service you vote with your feet.

From his point of view how many p*ssed nutters do you think he deals with on a nightly basis. No excuse for being rude but then you just can't get the staff these days - no wait you can.

If you really feel that strongly about it write them a letter.

Advertisement