Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naked Palette 1 or 2.. or Smoked?

Options
  • 28-07-2012 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Sorry if this has been a previous thread but I just cant make up my mind!

Im planning on investing in an Urban Decay palette but I cannot decide which one because they all seem similar.

I'm abit pale (NC20 in Mac) and I have blue eyes and dark auburn/red hair and I really like brown eyeshadows.

Which would be best suited? Any help would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

I think you can't go wrong with the original Naked palette- it has colours for day or night looks and subtle or dressy. The smoked one is gorgeous but I think it's more for dramatic night out looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I'm pale with blue eyes and red hair too :-)
    I've both the naked palettes, but I tend to use the 2nd one more. I use one or the other every day for work and also for nights out.
    They're pretty similar, so maybe go for whichever one has the extras (lipgloss/primer I think?) That you would prefer more?

Planning on investing in smoked this week though, very excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭killyourtv_

Thanks for the suggestions.. Naked palette 2 seems better for neutral looks and quite similar to the first palette!

Got a €20 Debenhams voucher for €10 the other day as a deal but regretting the fact I didn't buy two so I could get palette 1 & 2 for pretty much the price of one palette :(

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

both are really nice ! i have Naked 1 and love it ! wear it so much, nearly forgotten about my Mac eyeshadows! The smoked one looks like it for more heavy dark smokey looks, but the naked one has a mixture of day time and night time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

I think the original Naked palette has warm tones while the Naked 2 has cooler colors. I find myself reaching for the Naked 2 more than the first and I'm NC15, brown hair and brown eyes. I'm also debating the Smoked palette, but trying to talk myself out of it because I already have Nakeds 1 & 2 and they should suffice for a long while yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Personally, I find the Naked 2 better than the original - the colours are nicer and they suit both warm and cool undertones. I have both the Naked and Naked 2 and find myself using the Naked 2 more. I had intended on buying the Smoked pallette but, as someone else already piinted out, the colours are much more for night time wear (quite dark and not very good for everyday looks) and I already have too many eyeshadows for this!

TBH, if you invest in either the Naked or Naked 2 you won't be disappointed but I prefer the latter!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭killyourtv_

Thanks for all your help ladies!
    Reading a blog - Naked 2 seems pretty much similiar to Naked 1 with 5 new colours so I might just go with that!
    (though I'd rather the primer than lip gloss) :P

Here's the link if anyone is interested -
    http://prettygossip.com/2012/01/06/urban-decay-naked-and-naked2-palette-comparison/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Hi OP,

I did a lot of blog reading and the like when i was picking - most bloggers were of the opinion that if you have neither, to go for Naked 2, but if you already have Naked 1 then not to be runnung out to buy Naked 2. I ended up buying Naked 1 because I got it on offer and I'm delighted with it. Think I will buy Smoked this week, but after getting a look at it I can say for sure that I would wear every single colour - I like browns but also dramatic colours - have been wearing Bender, a really vibrant green, almost every day lately. If you say you like browns, get a Naked, it's a really worthwhile investment. You'll find you use nothing else!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I have both Naked pallets and I much prefer the second one. I think the colours are nicer, more versatile and more options for blending colours than the first one. I do love the first one but I would tend to just use it for daytime looks whereas I feel I can do more with the second one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I don't have either palette but if I had the money I'd actually buy Naked1; I love the Creep and Gunmetal shades which have no real alternative in Naked2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I love the variety you get from naked1. there's some pinky/purply toned shades, dark browns, taupe, gold, and the gunmetal and black.They range nicely from deep dark shades to nice light ones. Only thing that bugs me is the amount of glitter in some of them. Sidecar is my perfect shade for blue eyes but it's a pain with the chunks of glitter falling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Lavidabonita

DEFINITELY NAKED PALETTE 2!! Your colouring sounds like mine and I recently bought the naked 2 and I loooove it.All the shadows are colouts I would use, unlike the naked 1 which has a blue colour and really dark ones.The naked 2 has really warm browns and I can honestly say that since I bought mine (last month) I have used every colour.You also get a double-sided brush and lip gloss with the naked 2. I bought mine for €38 on an aer lingus flight.

Advertisement