Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Corolla Ventilation

Options
  • 28-07-2012 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Just bought an 02 1.4 Petrol Corolla. Love the car. Runs well. Only issue is the ventilation seems to be faulty. The car gets really hot in all weather and the fan just blows warm air. I had two passengers the last day and the girl in the back was sweating with the heat and the back windows started fogging up. I have the ventilation switched to the right one (Dad made sure!!) but it's not helping.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

vonniec wrote: »
    Just bought an 02 1.4 Petrol Corolla. Love the car. Runs well. Only issue is the ventilation seems to be faulty. The car gets really hot in all weather and the fan just blows warm air. I had two passengers the last day and the girl in the back was sweating with the heat and the back windows started fogging up. I have the ventilation switched to the right one (Dad made sure!!) but it's not helping.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix it??
    Change pollen filter and make sure the heater knob is actually moving the heater flaps. You have to flip down the glovebox in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,582 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Do you have it set to take in fresh air or recirculated, if it's on recirculated that will make it hotter as the same air is being recycled. I would also check that the air filter and pollen filters have been changed in the car, could be blocked, pollen filter is located behind the glovebox.

See the car below it's set to recirculated, if it was moved to the right it will bring fresh air in.

2001.2.28N7V5%20hva%20MitsubishiVRXCoupe.jpg?OpenElement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭vonniec

Thanks guys, was just about to delete this post! Turns out that recirculate/outside air switch was broken. Dad fixed it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,582 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

vonniec wrote: »
    Thanks guys, was just about to delete this post! Turns out that recirculate/outside air switch was broken. Dad fixed it! :)

Yes no harm looking at the pollen filter, it's likely to be manky if not changed in a long time.

Advertisement