Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aib bank transfer limit

Options
  • 28-07-2012 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi, I want to transfer over 5k from my aib personal account to bank of America euro account

Online it's not possible, does anyone know if it's possible over the phone or do I have to go in branch?

Also, if I've transferred 5k online today I think it's processed Monday, if I transfer 5k tomorrow, will it also be processed Monday or will I be prevented from doing this if I try and do the transfer tomorrow.

AIB website doesn't state the answer in simple terms.

If anyone knows I'd appreciate the insight.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mcdopus

Today I answered my own question.

Tried to transfer another 5k online, it failed saying my transfer limit had been reached. Plus the money still isn't in the bank I transferred it to.

Banking in Ireland is stuck in the past it really is.

In the UK they use FPS, money transferred online between different banks and cleared within 2 hours. Ok there is still often a limit to the amount transferred in a 24 hour period for most banks, but it's normally something more sensible like 10k. Santander have no limit at all!

In Ireland it seems to be pure luck if it's seen within a week...ridiculous.

Advertisement