Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTX 580 in this system?

Options
  • 28-07-2012 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

ASRock Z77 Pro4, Sockel 1155, ATX
    BitFenix Shinobi Midi-Tower USB 3.0 black
    Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W

Im guessing the power supply would need to be changed then?
    any help please
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

col.in.Cr wrote: »

any help please
    cheers

why would you want gtx 580 in it thought? are you getting it very very cheap? there are better option there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

any help please
    cheers

If you want something with that power, you could get a 7850 and overclock it. You could still use your PSU I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

why would you want gtx 580 in it thought? are you getting it very very cheap? there are better option there.

Yeah I just came into possession of one of these cards today,I would like to test it before selling it

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Yeah I just came into possession of one of these cards today,I would like to test it before selling it

cheers

dunno about 450w psu with that card and some OC on CPU. its a very power hungry card like all of 5 generation nvidia stuff. i think few lads had them here, they should tell you better if 450w would do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

dunno about 450w psu with that card and some OC on CPU. its a very power hungry card like all of 5 generation nvidia stuff. i think few lads had them here, they should tell you better if 450w would do.

cheers thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement