Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock this eve

Options
  • 28-07-2012 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

Was driving home this evening and saw and ambulance and two lifeboats near the diving board in Blackrock. I really hope there wasn't an accident.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Was down there earlier having a dip and there was a swimming race from Clare ending there, they had an ambulance on standby the whole time, hopefully it was that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Majesticzebras

rain on wrote: »
    Was down there earlier having a dip and there was a swimming race from Clare ending there, they had an ambulance on standby the whole time, hopefully it was that.

Really glad to hear that!
    Thanks rain on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Fair play! It's a long way from Clare to here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I'm not sure if it was a race actually.. it was called the Frances Thornton Memorial Swim. There was a great buzz down there anyway as the swimmers came in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Yeah it's the annual Frances Thornton Memorial Galway Bay Swim from Clare to Blackrock, Salthill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Majesticzebras

Wow....that's some achievement.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Holy crap, that's over 10km!
    Some swim!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

It's 13km, my brother did it. I hope with some training I'll be up for it next year. It's a fab charity, c'mon people, dig deep!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

biko wrote: »
    Fair play! It's a long way from Clare to here...

A long, long way, in fact. :D

A couple of lads from work did it, I've dug already.

Advertisement