Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chasing Mavericks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭alwayssideways

Just seen this on IMDB and searched the trailer on youtube. Might be one worth watching.

MV5BMzc5MTU5MTk2OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzg3NjcxOA@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Oops....Just seen the other thread.

MODS PLEASE DELETE

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Threads Merged

Anyone gone to see this yet? Can't seem to find a cinema in Dublin that is showing it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

yeah soul surfer.....

anyways, this looks pretty decent from the trailer, legit surf sequences, nice cinematography and story must be a t least decent with butler on board. i'm looking forward to seeing it. loving the old school guns they're using, they look like thinned out kayaks :-)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,276 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone gone to see this yet? Can't seem to find a cinema in Dublin that is showing it :confused:

Don't think it's out here yet.

Looking forward to it, seems like they've gone all out for the surf sequences anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

It's out now in extra vision/HMV

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauld81

I thought it was actually a really good film, rented it in Xtravision two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Yeah it was good alright, im a bodyboarder but find the surfing intriguing. ..
    Ill stand up some day lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Geomy wrote: »
    Yeah it was good alright, im a bodyboarder but find the surfing intriguing. ..
    Ill stand up some day lol

If you like sponging http://vimeo.com/channels/staffpicks/8614771

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Did a few days in Portugal a while ago, mucho respect to the acrobatic bodyboarders on serious slabs there. Very impressive how they take off and turn so late on the big mean waves.

Probably deserves a thread of it's own.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sidewayslarry

I wasn't expecting much from the movie but I rented it when it came out first and I went down last week and bought a copy. Very impressed with it. One I will definitely watch again

I saw it a few months back, very much a by the numbers sports movie in many ways but was very enjoyable all the same. The surf sequences were great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Enjoyable watch, as was The Drift - I'd recommend that one!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭keryl

Enjoyed it, I don't mind Butler but once again his accents are terrible!

Good shots and from what I've read about Moriarty, more accurate than I thought.

Worth a watch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Watch drift for free on American Netflix

Just download media hint for chrome or Firefox on a windows laptop or pc

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭MRledzepo

watched it today absolutely savage :)

Advertisement