Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newbie to kildare town - recommendations

Options
  • 28-07-2012 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭

hi,

Moving near kildare town, it will be my closest town.

Looking for recommendations on pubs and restaurants. Doesnt need to be particularly lively or anything Places comfortable and welcoming would be nice :)

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bouncyball

Kildare Town has a few nice places. I'd recommend Harte's Bar for some decent pub grub. They do the hot rock steaks and good quality food. Always busy.
    Also the pub Cunninghams is a lovely pub. Generally they have live music on a Saturday night and it has a good atmosphere. I don't know how old you are but this is more suited to late 20s/30s/40s
    The Silken Thomas is also a nice place for a meal and they have a good carvery on a Sunday too. They also have a pub and late bar and night club called Tiger Lilys but wouldn't be for me as think I'm past all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Nice grub -> Hartes
    Nice Pint -> Hartes

Only other interesting thing in this town is the slip road to the motorway, that and the smell of the slaughter house on a hot day. Thankfully not too many of them these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Restaurant - date or special event, Annemars on the station road is brilliant. Real french cusine and good value.

For regular grub, as others have said, Hartes, Silken and Cunninghams. What is also nice, but shopping hours only is Dunne & Crezcenzi in Kildare Village.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sillymoo2007

Hartes bar and grill most definately, Cunninghams is good too but have a soft spot for harte's clonakilty pudding salad.

Advertisement