Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wholesale hard drives

Options
  • 28-07-2012 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I was just wondering if anybody knows where I can buy wholesale hard drives and enclosures I'm having a bit of difficulty finding them online

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Thats a bit open ended, but i know a few manufactures of this kind of thing. What type, style, spec, purpose are you looking for? Is it to utilize or resell? OEM, branded, non branded etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dclewis

I was mainly looking at the cases to resell. also would think about selling hard drives to. for the cases I am looking for the cheapest I can find. brand doesn't matter

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Marty_McFly

You could check out some of the Asian wholesalers like this one.

Be careful though as you get lots of dodgy sellers on them.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Try CSM Peripherials. Fantastic company with a great Irish routes. I buy from them when building stuff and the Group Director is a cool guy.

Careful though, it's a very very competitive industry and margins are small. I'm sure a lot of people will suggest to buy in from china, but frankly unless you have an eight figure budget and plan on spending time in china, I'd recommend against it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Try CMS Peripherials. Fantastic company with a great Irish routes. I buy from them when building stuff and the Group Director is a cool guy.

Careful though, it's a very very competitive industry and margins are small. I'm sure a lot of people will suggest to buy in from china, but frankly unless you have an eight figure budget and plan on spending time in china, I'd recommend against it.

I've a lot of time for the CMS guys too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

The quality on the non-branded ones just isn't there. You would also have to visit the factory yourself if you wanted a big order. Not worth the hassle for such a small margin.
    You could wipe and refurbish old ones from school and office computers and make a few quid selling them on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

dclewis wrote: »
    I was mainly looking at the cases to resell. also would think about selling hard drives to. for the cases I am looking for the cheapest I can find. brand doesn't matter
    Big mistake. If you get a rep for selling bad drives then you may not last long in business. It is a very competitive business and you will be competing with online operations with deeper pockets and potentially better specced harddrives at a better price.

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement