Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garage next door park everywhere

Options
  • 28-07-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

There is a garage in our town has petrol pumps on one side of the road and a garage on the other side. On the petrol side, there is a load of damaged cars that have been there for years.

I and my neighbour's have continually asked for them to tidy up the place, they moved one of the recovery vans but that was it. The garage is very untidy looking and has no petrol prices or signs. The cars belonging to the garage are in the middle of the road so you have to over take every time. I'm concerned that there will be an accident some night of somebody driving into the car in the middle of the road.

The street its on is joining to the centre of the town.

This prevents us from trying for the tidy towns because nothing can be done about this garage. The garage got one coat of paint a year or two ago. There is oil on the ground and you could say the RSA could get involved.

Council workers were doing up a house next to the garage and couldn't bring equipment in because some of these cars belonging to the garage were parked along the car spaces. They ended up carrying equipment from the top of the street into the house.

What should we do about this? The council complained but they never did anything.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Get in touch with a local councillor, and see what he can do. Why not push him to bring in permit parking or disc parking, this would stop them taking the same parking spaces for ever.

• Administrators Posts: 13,972 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Can they be done for littering? Surely the council would know if they can or not?

Maybe contact the Dept of the Environment and see what, if anything can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 colours123

Can they be done for littering? Surely the council would know if they can or not?

Maybe contact the Dept of the Environment and see what, if anything can be done.

I'd second this, and maybe contact a solicitor about it as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Why not push him to bring in permit parking or disc parking, this would stop them taking the same parking spaces for ever.

Good idea, only that the spaces outside each house is for that house. The giarage seem to park in the middle of the road and because the top is narrow it is a problem.

I will write to the council and dept of Environment. I will let you know how I get on.

Advertisement