Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Post Codes

Options
  • 28-07-2012 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone knows if there's a proper map available with dublin post codes marked out on it?
    There's lots of rough ones out there, but I want one where you can see the borders running down a particular street. Is there any available online?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the only one i can think of is the one in the telephone directory, id be interested to se one myself.

edit: this thread has more info, and some pics

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I think the open street map of Dublin has them marked out pretty well

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Gravale

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Gravale wrote: »

Ah come on, give me some credit, I found the wiki entry!
    I want more detail. The postal districts are definite boundarys to avoid stuff like "most of killester".
    And as far as I know there's no definite boundaries for areas like Cabra, Glasnevin, Clontarf etc either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

The Ordnance Survey will sell you a map of Dublin in two parts - Dublin East and Dublin West - which mark out the postal districts. I bought mine about five years ago.

The scale is 1:20,000.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

Cienciano wrote: »
    Ah come on, give me some credit, I found the wiki entry!
    I want more detail. The postal districts are definite boundarys to avoid stuff like "most of killester".
    And as far as I know there's no definite boundaries for areas like Cabra, Glasnevin, Clontarf etc either.

There is a definite boundaries. Thom's Directory gives the postal district for each individual street/road.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Gravale

Yes, there are definite boundaries to each postal district. For example, go the the Finglas sorting office (Dublin. 11) and each postman will know exactly which road is in that district.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

There is a definite boundaries. Thom's Directory gives the postal district for each individual street/road.

+1
    and is used by the Dublin Local Authorithies to confirm planning applications are correct.

Advertisement