Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thumbhole stock for rifle

Options
  • 28-07-2012 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Where in Ireland can i get a thumbhole stock for a marlin rifle. I know of a few places online in america that do them but was looking a bit closer to home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

See paddysniper's post on getting a stock for his rifle - all the answers you want are there.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056709406

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Here in Ireland you'll probably be looking at getting one custom made. There are some top class stock makers in Ireland that will make it to suit your rifle perfectly and even take a mould of your hand and make the rifle to match.

Boyds in america you will have a stock delivered to your door to under €120.

what model marlin is it for ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Sean Mullen

garv123 wrote: »
    Here in Ireland you'll probably be looking at getting one custom made. There are some top class stock makers in Ireland that will make it to suit your rifle perfectly and even take a mould of your hand and make the rifle to match.

Boyds in america you will have a stock delivered to your door to under €120.

what model marlin is it for ?

Its a marlin 917v.

Tac i checked that link its about info for a .22, unless its in that post because i havent read it all barr the first post?

Its a marlin 917v.

Tac i checked that link its about info for a .22, unless its in that post because i havent read it all barr the first post?

If you are not interested in he custom route I think you'll have to go outside Ireland.
    Bodys do a range for the marlin 900 series so it should drop straight into it.

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/SearchResults.asp?searching=Y&sort=9&brand=MARLIN+800+900&search=marlin+900&show=24&page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Its a marlin 917v.

You didn't say which Marlin you had until axed. In any event the two actions and guns are as near the same size. There is little or no difference at all between the .17HMR and .22LR actions from any maker. The main difference occurs in the size of the hole down the barrel.

tac

• Advertisement

tac foley wrote: »
    You didn't say which Marlin you had until axed. In any event the two actions and guns are as near the same size. There is little or no difference at all between the .17HMR and .22LR actions from any maker. The main difference occurs in the size of the hole down the barrel.

tac

Im looking for a thumbhole stock for my marlin 917v that i already have and own. Im not looking advise on getting one or a differnt action.

garv123 wrote: »
    If you are not interested in he custom route I think you'll have to go outside Ireland.
    Bodys do a range for the marlin 900 series so it should drop straight into it.

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/SearchResults.asp?searching=Y&sort=9&brand=MARLIN+800+900&search=marlin+900&show=24&page=1

Yea i was looking on that site, they have some lovely looking stocks. Do you know of anyone that ever used them??

Yea i was looking on that site, they have some lovely looking stocks. Do you know of anyone that ever used them??

I was going to buy one myself but I like the grey laminate stock on my marlin vs and im limited for choice with thumbhole been a lefty.
    A lot of lads on here and uk forums have gotten stocks from boyds and seem to like them a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

I bought a good few boyds stocks for myself and my mates.
    They are great value and very good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cushcam

zeissman wrote: »
    I bought a good few boyds stocks for myself and my mates.
    They are great value and very good quality.

agreed, i would happily buy one of their stocks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Hunterjohnb

Hello SM, have ordered from Boyd's before. They have no problem shipping to here.Remember to check conditions for international orders.

Advertisement