Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling my house in 2012. Need info

Options
  • 28-07-2012 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

My house has been on the market since 2009 and this year has seen quite abit of interest in it with alot of viewers these last few months. One viewer has came back and asked for maps so it seems to me that they are really interested and hope this is the year it sells.

The property was worth 350k at the height of the boom but we all know what happened with property prices since then,lol. I have it sitting at 165k at the moment and would prob be prepared to drop another wee bit just to get a sale.

Im wanting to know do i have to pay any taxes on this sale, if i were to buy another property would i also have to pay any more taxes and what other fees should i be looking at when selling the house and buying another.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Don't forget the agent and solicitor fees for a start. Solicitor fees for both selling and buying.

I bought a house in 2010 and had to pay stamp duty. Not sure what the current situation around SD is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭keyser2012

NIMAN wrote: »
    Don't forget the agent and solicitor fees for a start. Solicitor fees for both selling and buying.

I bought a house in 2010 and had to pay stamp duty. Not sure what the current situation around SD is now.

What % would stamp duty be and is there a threshold before you start paying because ill be looking at a property at about 50k next

• Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

tbh, I don't know current stamp duty rates. Not sure if any changes were made in recent Budgets or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Stamp duty is 1% sub 1M and 2% above. Significantly lower than 2010 and all exemptions are gone.

1% of 50k is 500 quid, not a horrific level compared to what you likely paid on buying the current one.

Advertisement