Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evacuation of the bentley aka cuba

Options
  • 28-07-2012 11:04pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just standing outside the place having been removed at speed by some panicing cops. Seems to be upstairs. They've just pulled down all the blinds and turfed the staff out.

Commence panic. It is the end times.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Sounds serious...

Galway Advertiser just posted about it on Facebook.

What's happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

just heard its a bomb scare.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Galway Advertiser just posted about it on Facebook.

What's happening?
    Can't post a pic here on mobile but a few cop cars and all punters told to stand over by paddy powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Megglet

Yeah, sorry about that lads!
    Dodgy curry last night..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

People on the advertiser facebook saying its a bomb scare :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭drum!

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a gas leak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Revolver ocelot

Whoop whoop its the sound of the police

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The whole Galway nightclubs-bombs situation has gotten out of hand if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Massive bomb if people were told to stand across the road :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Bombs! eh? Is that what the kids are into these days? In my day it was glow sticks and finger sex

Reports of Beats in Carbon Nightclub also :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hearing reports of bomb scares in Ballinasloe and Claremorris too. Seems like some lowlife out there has too much time on their hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

The Zetas must be looking to control the drug trade in Galway...

Seriously though I hope its not a bomb, That type of ****e is the last thing people need.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Samich wrote: »
    Massive bomb if people were told to stand across the road :pac:
    Because It's Ireland, we were allowed walk with our pints. Crisis averted.

For reference, I've seen similar instructions issued in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Javajunkie

Just passed there a few minutes ago. Everything between club k and tk max closed off now, including Vivo. Curious.

Javajunkie wrote: »
    Just passed there a few minutes ago. Everything between club k and tk max closed off now, including Vivo. Curious.

There's been bomb scares in 2 other niteclubs. Sounds like a hoax, or a grave act of terrorism.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭lovelabel

From the galway Advertiser's facebook

To update, hundreds evacuated from Bentley nightclub, Eyre Square after reports of a shoebox bomb in the building. Reports coming in that similar bombscares were called in about nightclubs in Claremorris and Ballinasloe tonight. No reports of any injuries.

What stupid ****wits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

They should have waited until about 1.30 am to call it in, be far funnier with 1000+ drunk hysterical idiots being rushed out.

• Advertisement

It's a hoax, club is reopening soon. Someone I know was talking to the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Someone in the Wesht doesn't like people having fun.

Down with this sort of thing, it only leads to dancin', dhrinkin', and fornicantin'....

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Samich wrote: »
    It's a hoax, club is reopening soon. Someone I know was talking to the guards.

thanks for that donna samich

Bentley nightclub now reporting on their Facebook page that it was definitely a hoax and that they'll be reopening again for the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Bentley reopened according to its facebook page. Just a hoax

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

At least if it was for real there are members of the medical profession running the place so there would be no need for the 'is there a doctor in the house' shout.
    Seriously though, I hate that kinda stuff. With modern technology I presume it should be easy enough to find out who the eejit that done it is.

lovelabel wrote: »
    From the galway Advertiser's facebook

To update, hundreds evacuated from Bentley nightclub, Eyre Square after reports of a shoebox bomb in the building. Reports coming in that similar bombscares were called in about nightclubs in Claremorris and Ballinasloe tonight. No reports of any injuries.
    Hundreds? About 40 were in the bar and upstairs hadn't opened at that stage. Gotta love the Advertiser and their passing relationship with facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

looks like the Tribune/GBFM crowd are still doing a head count. No mention at all on their Galwaynews site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Move Zig! For Great Justice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Turns out it was only a Jägerbomb

Advertisement