Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

second licence

Options
  • 28-07-2012 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

hi all, just decided to buy a shotgun and found one i like (or more importantly can afford) . i have the application form with referees signatures etc. i already have a licence for a 22 with permission from 2 farmers to shoot their land. however i sent on the forms they signed with the first application and i'm wondering if i need to get more forms signed or will the guards give me a shotgun licence on the original permissions.it's not the end of the world if they won't as i'm going to join the local club anyway but if i can do that in my own time it will stagger the money going out a bit nicer!

as always thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Land permissions, gun club or range membership are one of the three things you need.

If you are not in the gun club then you will need the permissions again. Two options:
    • Go the station and tell the FO that you intend to shoot on the same lands, and can he copy the original permissions. This is unlikely to work though.
    • Best course of action is to go to the same land owners, and get more permissions signed. Then photocopy them before submitting them. This way you have copies.

The reason i say the first option won't/might not work is because each application is meant to be based on it's own merits, and with it's own permissions. Even if they are the same. Plus it'll make things run smoother if you have the permissions. You could loose a week or two by trying the first option then having to get the permissions signed again anyway.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭brno

thanks Ezridax, sound advice! i went ahead and joined the club (i hate bothering the farmers) and i sent the application in . the fo said all was well and sent it on.just impatiently waiting reply!!!

Advertisement