Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC adding products without seeking permission

• 28-07-2012 11:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭

Got a call from UPC today to ask if I was happy with the new product I ordered, when I asked what product I was told that I ordered phone from them which I did not as I use mobiles only and only have signed up to broadband internet. Whats going on. The woman asked me "did sales not contact you in June" which I replied no they had not and I had not ordered anything. Seems dodgy. Will have to investigate.

She said they will call me back but didnt hear from them for the rest of the day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭NewsMeQuick

I'd ring them and bitch-slap them. That's a failure in their verification and authorisation process. I'd tell them to remove your name and any connection to payment for that product with you, then ring the mobile and give out hell to the person who asked for that.

They cannot avoid taking responsibility for this - it's a lax approach based on sales - which could get them in big trouble.

Good luck and I hope you get it resolved as you need. :)

Advertisement