Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 600 Leaving certs

Options
  • 29-07-2012 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Sorry in advance if there's already a thread devoted to this, I couldn't find it.

I'd heard there was some government scheme to give €2000 to the top 600 leaving cert students from DEIS schools. Is this the case or did I imagine it? :pac:

If it does exist, can anyone link me to any information on it? It's not very well documented online as far as I've found.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Rynox45 wrote: »
    Sorry in advance if there's already a thread devoted to this, I couldn't find it.

I'd heard there was some government scheme to give €2000 to the top 600 leaving cert students from DEIS schools. Is this the case or did I imagine it? :pac:

If it does exist, can anyone link me to any information on it? It's not very well documented online as far as I've found.

To be honest, I don't know, but I can't imagine the government handing out 1.2 million euros to students.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I have never heard of such a scheme and I work in a DEIS school.
    It's an odd number (unless it was intended to cover the student registration 'fee'?) and if there were such a scheme, I think it would have to be based on more factors than just attending a DEIS school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Rynox45

I thought I'd seen it on the news, it was to be awarded for the top 600 marks for people with medical cards attending DEIS schools. Maybe it was just wishful thinking :o

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

I don't think it's the top 600 but here are some scholarships awarded to the top LC students from disadvantaged backrounds:

http://www.studentfinance.ie/mp9498/scholarships-grants-general-/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Are you thinking of the DARE programme? I work in a DEIS school an a fair few people moved here in 5th year to get on the DARE programme, you only need two of the criteria and for higher points courses is very useful. I know nothing about the money aspect though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Do you mean the all ireland scholarship scheme maybe?

http://www.allirelandscholarships.com/index.php/information/

Advertisement