Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conservationist Rita Miljo dies in fire

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thats very sad news even though I wasn't all that familiar with her work, RIP :(

Never really though about why most of them are women. Maybe because the male apes would be more aggressive towards men or something so they don't have quite as much success at getting close to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Thats very sad news even though I wasn't all that familiar with her work, RIP :(

Never really though about why most of them are women. Maybe because the male apes would be more aggressive towards men or something so they don't have quite as much success at getting close to them?

Maybe... but didn´t Biruté Galdikas report an attempted rape by a male orangutan to a female human? After reading that, if I was a female, I wouldn´t go anywhere near apes...:pac:

I believe it may have something to do with maternal instincts. I don´t know why or how exactly, but I think it must play some sort of role there. Just a guess tho.

Advertisement