Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limit on Laser card payment?

• 29-07-2012 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Is there a max payment set on a Bank of Ireland laser card attached to a standard current account?

For example, If the balance of my account was around €1000 and I wished to pay for a new phone costing €450, could I simply pay for it on the day using my Laser card in the phone shop without clearance etc. from the bank?

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

450 would be fine, Think the limit is 1500 euro but can ask the bank to increase this if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi stephen090,

Thanks for your query. There is a limit on purchases of €1500 per swipe with a limit of €2500 per day. This is provided that you have the funds available in your account. So based on your example, you should have no problem at all purchasing the phone.

I hope this helps.
    Pat

Advertisement