Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worrying entries in my broadband log

• 29-07-2012 4:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Own a Zyxel P660HW-T1 Eircom router, went into router settings and had a peek at my recent logs.

MCNT

The "ATTACK" note had me worried so I traced the IPs back to some American living in Nevada and a Pakistani fellow living in Islamabad.

Should I be worried that my connection may be compromised?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

It's just random noise from the internet, there are crawlers on infected computers that keep scanning and trying to login on random IP addresses. The firewall on the router will keep them out. Be sure to change the default admin password.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

But the "ATTACK" traffic flagged there is not from the internet. Source addresses are local (192.168.1.2 and .6) with Destination a cable modem on Cox in USA and a DSL modem on PTCL in Pakistan. Could be P2P... or malicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭En

Snowbat wrote: »
    But the "ATTACK" traffic flagged there is not from the internet. Source addresses are local (192.168.1.2 and .6) with Destination a cable modem on Cox in USA and a DSL modem on PTCL in Pakistan. Could be P2P... or malicious.

Yeah I know for a fact that torrents are very popular with my roomies... The local IPs match with the people that use them. Thanks!

Advertisement