Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Izzo Alex Duetto

• 29-07-2012 7:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi All
    Wondering if there is anyone with an Alex Duetto who could help. Have an Alex Duetto here in Australia but will be selling before relocating to Ireland. I will most likely buy another Alex when I arrive. Hopefully someone can help with a few queries:

1. Place of purchase (how smooth was transaction/delivery)?
    2. Where do you have your machine serviced?
    3. Are you aware if machines are bench-tested by the distributor before shipping to Ireland?

Thank you
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭caol ila

Hi Maureen, I think you might have luck if you contact Bella Barista in the UK (http://www.bellabarista.co.uk/brands/izzo-caffe.html), afaik they are the suppliers of the Alex. I had cause to contact them recently about another machine and got a very detailed, helpful reply from Claudette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Dero

+1 on Bella Barista.

I got an Expobar Dual Leva (Brewtus IV) from them earlier this year and I had no trouble getting it sent to Ireland. I think it cost about £35stg to ship it here. I imagine it would be the same for any coffee machine.

They seem like a good company to deal with, and they definitely bench test (and tweak) the machines before they ship them.

For service I'm not so sure. I had a faulty sensor on my machine. Bella Barista just sent me a new one which I fitted myself. For anything more involved I don't know what the process would entail.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 MaureenMac

Thank you for your replies.
    Contacted Claudette at Bella Barista who was very helpful. I note from their website that they currently have stock of a great selection of greens :D although shipping may be prohibitive for large amounts.
    I am sure I will sort myself out once I "get home".

Thats great Maureen, re the greens, I have an order en route from them, 11 kilo of the new arrivals. Decided to try out the new parcel motel service to avail of cheaper shipping so will see how it works out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 271 ✭✭Clinker

Interesting: I quite fancy the Alex as an upgrade from my Gaggia Classic!

• Advertisement

Cannot fault "Alex". I was the first person to have the machine in Western Australia (info from the importer) 2 years ago. One criticism that some have is that the clearance under the group does not allow for "high" cups/glasses. I use ACF cups so have no problem.
    I struggled a bit with getting microfoam as it took me a while to get used to the steam power; all is good now and it is great to be able to pull a shot and steam at the same time.
    One thing to note: Alex is very picky about water quality so good filtration is a must. If I purchase when we get back to Ireland, will definitely have plumbed in with a good in-line filtration system.
    Another beautiful (pricey) machine from Izzo is the "Pompeii" lever. One friend has the single group in red and another 2 group in black - both stunning - but still prefer the red :D:D

M

caol ila wrote: »
    Thats great Maureen, re the greens, I have an order en route from them, 11 kilo of the new arrivals. Decided to try out the new parcel motel service to avail of cheaper shipping so will see how it works out.

Interested to find out how you get on with the shipping.

M

MaureenMac wrote: »
    Interested to find out how you get on with the shipping.

M

Saved a few quid and it worked well, collected the greens yesterday, 11 kilos delivered for 17 pounds using the Antrim address supplied by the parcel motel. The first two uses of parcel motel are free. Its a no brainer.

caol ila wrote: »
    Saved a few quid and it worked well, collected the greens yesterday, 11 kilos delivered for 17 pounds using the Antrim address supplied by the parcel motel. The first two uses of parcel motel are free. Its a no brainer.

Great to know. I will be shipping my 2kg Torrefattore and a large amount of greens but will need to stock up at some time in Ireland.
    Of course if I win Lotto before packing up, I will not ship anything..........just buy a new roaster and a Kees VDW Speedster/Mirage/Spirit :rolleyes:

M

Advertisement