Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internal insulation for stone built house

• 29-07-2012 8:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭

I will be looking to dryline insulate the inside of a 100 year old farm house. the walls are 2ft thick and are stone built. The house has always been lived in and there is a render on the outside of the house put on in the 50s. In the future I would like to reveal the stone work so I won't be insulating the outside.

Do I need to look at a particular process or material because this isn't a run of the mill cavity wall?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

Personally I would stand back off the wall an inch or 2 with metal stud work and insulate between the studs and follow up with insulated dry lining. You could also look at putting a membrane on the wall side of stud work as a belt and braces control of any possible water ingress through the stone walls.

Advertisement