Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to dispose of old doors in Dublin?

Options
  • 29-07-2012 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I'm about to replace two external PVC doors in the house and looking for a landfill or a company I can dispose the old doors with. I'd appreciate any recommendations, info, prices etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

your local DCC recycling centre should take them. where in dublin are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

As they're pvc they can be recycled, if you remove the glass, handles hinges you can recycle all parts separately at most recycling centers.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

stick them up on Adverts for free, they will be gone within the hour.

we dont bother with skips anymore, just stick everything up for free and they are gone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

irishbird wrote: »

we dont bother with skips anymore, just stick everything up for free and they are gone

This

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

irishbird wrote: »

never thought of this. op, are they standard size? ill take one off you if thats ok

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 MDPolak

wrote: »
    never thought of this. op, are they standard size? ill take one off you if thats ok

Thanks for your response, guys. I'll definitely check these recycling places and the adverts.

@admiralofthefleet These are composite front door around 1300mm wide and the back door 900mm wide. The problem is I can't guarantee they won't get damaged during removal. Will let you know.

Advertisement