Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trackers -was there min amount required

Options
  • 29-07-2012 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

I have a mortgage with ebs. Unfortunately it's not a tracker:mad:

When trackers came out I remember reading a little into them, and I thought it said that you needed a minimum mortgage of 250k in order to get one. I had lower mortgage than this so never looked into it any further at the time.

Question is, did I mis-understand the tracker at the time. Ie Did anyone borrow less than 250k and get a tracker. Just trying to put my mind at ease or feel even twice as sick:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

Sorry to tell you, but it was possible to get a tracker for less than €250,000. But EBS didn't deal with brokers, so I'm not that familiar with their offerings. Maybe EBS had such a minimum. Maybe you're better off not asking this question...

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Cheers Liam. I know, can't do anything about it now anyway but was just on my mind. Have done a bit of searching and found following from march 2006. But maybe they did also offer ones for less than 250k and maybe a higher rate than1.1 percent. If only I'd had as much interest in researching the topic at the time!!

"
    Many of the good looking tracker mortgages - such as the ECB plus 0.75% from First Active have conditions that would not be met by many people. That example requires a loan of over 500k and an LTV of less than 40%. So the property would be worth about 1.2 million.
    One of the lower more realistic trackers is the ECB plus 1.1% available from Bank of Ireland - which requires a loan of more than 250k - the LTV is given as not applicable - so we have to assume it doesn’t matter.

Bank of Ireland rates

EBS also have a tracker of ecb plus 1.1% for loans over 250k and LTV greater than 80% an less than or equal to 92%.
    This is currently at 3.6% eff 10 MArch.

EBS Rates Here"

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

They were available with other banks around that time. We're on a tracker since 2005/6ish at ECB+1.68% (ptsb) and original loan value was a lot less than 250k.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

In March 2006 i got a Tracker from ICS for a mortgage of just under 220k.
    Sold that apartment and bought house in October 2006 and got a Tracker from Bank Of Scotland for a mortgage of 350k.

So yeah, some banks offered trackers at various different loan values etc

Advertisement