Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend Smart Tv

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

panasonic plasmas win handsdown for me they are excellent sets and i would buy one if i had the money.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

panasonic plasmas win handsdown for me they are excellent sets and i would buy one if i had the money.

Ya? Excuse my ignorance but I thought that LED was the newer tech so therefore the way to go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

I don't know much about them, but I'd go for the LG. It's nicer than the pasonic and I have two LG tv's at home and they are both great!

I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

Dont buy plasma to start with.samaung smart seems to have all the specs of an excellent tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I bought a 42" LG LM660T last week and i'm very happy with it. It looks slick (bezel free), comes with a Wii-style remote, has built in WiFi and is passive 3D to boot.

It's a very good set and quite good value.

• Advertisement

yop wrote: »
    Ya? Excuse my ignorance but I thought that LED was the newer tech so therefore the way to go?
    There is nothing new about LED tvs, its all just bull**** marketing, all LED is , is a new way to light the screen, there is no discernable difference in picture quality etc with LCD tvs .

As for whoever said dont get a plasma im going to wholeheartedly disagress on the following points.

1. The panasonic plasmas come with a full 5 year gurantee .
    2. The picture quality is outstanding on these plasmas and cant be beaten easily in 2 areas , those being any fast motion will display better on plasma as the refresh rate is 600hz usually , and the blacks on a plasma are superior to most lcd tvs .
    3. I know there are a few lads on here who have bought panasonic plasmas in the last few years hopefully one of them pops along as i have heard them say they were the best piece of kit they bought in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭work

yop wrote: »
    There is nothing new about LED tvs, its all just bull**** marketing, all LED is , is a new way to light the screen, there is no discernable difference in picture quality etc with LCD tvs .

As for whoever said dont get a plasma im going to wholeheartedly disagress on the following points.

1. The panasonic plasmas come with a full 5 year gurantee .
    2. The picture quality is outstanding on these plasmas and cant be beaten easily in 2 areas , those being any fast motion will display better on plasma as the refresh rate is 600hz usually , and the blacks on a plasma are superior to most lcd tvs .
    3. I know there are a few lads on here who have bought panasonic plasmas in the last few years hopefully one of them pops along as i have heard them say they were the best piece of kit they bought in years.

Thanks all that answered, plenty to think about its obvious there is more than one school of thought!
    Does anyone recommend which screen is best in a bright area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

If you are buying from Harvey Normans... Haggle!

I got a Samsung 46ES8000 for €1750 about a month ago. (Was displayed at €2100 )

http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hdtv-best-tv/46-70/samsung-46-inch-smart-3d-led-tv-ue46es8000.html

Much cheaper than anywhere else online even at the time

work wrote: »
    Thanks all that answered, plenty to think bigots obvious there is more than one school of thought!
    Does anyone recommend which screen is best in a bright area?

In a bright room with no blinds etc , then i would reccomend the LED/LCD tvs,

Im not pro or againsnt any type of tv i bought a sony led tv myself a few months back i think the best tv difffers in every situation and budget.

If in a bright room with no blinds etc you may be better with the LED/LCD tvs.

Advertisement