Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas - Fiji

Options
  • 29-07-2012 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,
    So I am heading home in 2 weeks for a couple of weeks for my mates wedding and don't really want to make the trip again at christmas. I was thinking I might hit fiji for xmas. Has anyone been over there for xmas before? Was the weather good and stuff? All my mates here are kiwi or Australian and will all be heading home so I'll probs be going on my own.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

colman1212 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,
    So I am heading home in 2 weeks for a couple of weeks for my mates wedding and don't really want to make the trip again at christmas. I was thinking I might hit fiji for xmas. Has anyone been over there for xmas before? Was the weather good and stuff? All my mates here are kiwi or Australian and will all be heading home so I'll probs be going on my own.

I was in Fiji two months ago. We had an amazing time, some of the Island are spectacular. But you really gotta choose carefully which Islands you choose to go to. Bounty, Beachcomber, Octopus Resort, Coral View are really nice.. However Wayalailai, Funky Fish aren't great. If I was to do it again I would pick my own Islands to go on (island hopping pass) and use the Trip Adviser forum to find out which Islands are good and which aren't..

If your going in December keep in mind it is rainy reason over there at the time! However our old house mates went last December and said the weather was great so you might get lucky.

Also you'd wanna keep an eye on the deal websites such as Groupon, Living Social, Getaway Lounge etc. as you can pick up some savage deals for Fiji there. Me and the missus got our own private Bure (beachside shack) for 5 nights in Beachcomber with free massages and tours for only $599 which was a baragin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Cheers mate, I was half thinking I'd just go to beachcomber for 7 nights or something but thats just lazy. I need to pick out another Island or two I guess but I just don't want to end up on an island with a load of families. Could get a little boring...Kinda wanna be somewhere with a bit of nightlife. I'll probs take a chance with the weather, its just the start of the rainy season and most people seem to say its ok in December.

Advertisement