Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor iPhone 4S Problem

Options
  • 29-07-2012 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

Looking for some advice.

I've been having issues with my iPhone 4S on Meteor purchased back in October 2011. Hundreds of people seem to be having the same issues and Meteor have acknowledged that there is a problem and have been trying to resolve since the problem became apparent back in November.

When coming off wifi onto 3G there's no internet connection, only solution is to restart my iPhone. As a result this causes a number of issues such as iMessages not going through and not being able to access services such as iTunes match, or other services. Some have said that the issue relates to the Meteor sim not being compatible with the iPhone 4S, below are the links to the forums:

http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Apple/Issues-With-Iphone-4s/td-p/29587
    http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Apple/Read-post-67-Serious-Issues-With-Iphone-4s-Many-Users-Reporting/td-p/15254

Since then I've been following there tech support forum and have followed Meteors instructions in order to resolve. Approx 9 months later and the issue has still yet to be resolved and also Meteors tech support people have stopped responding on the forum to customers. As a result it looks like most people have given up, but with this in mind I decided to take it to the next stage and make a formal complaint.

Meteor originally told me it would take 10 working days to respond to my complaint, it has now been 54 days (38 working days), I have followed up with them and they say there looking into it with no time frame for a response.

I have also taken further steps and contacted ComReg, they siad "Faulty handset would not fall under the remit of ComReg". I then contacted the National Consumer Agency which told me to quote "The Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, 1980." if they then didn't act, cancel my contract and pay the cancelation penalty which I could then appeal in the small claims court.

Since meteor have stopped responding to my problem where can I go from here? I don't really want to cancel my contract, and don't have the money to pay cancelation penalty. They really have my stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

You could take the tack of informing them that due to their failure to resolve your issue you are terminating the contract and stop paying them. Wait for them to take you to court and then present your case there. This if fairly high risk and I'm not 100% sure if you technically own the handset - you may have to hand it back.

Please note that although my name has law in it this is not legal advice - I am not qualified or insured to do so. Also anyone that knows a little law is normally more dangerous than someone who knows nothing. This is simply my opinion as a consumer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Write a very detailed letter to meteor and inform them that due to their failure to provide you with reasonable service and customer care you will be withdrawing payments until such a time as they can resolve the issues you are experiencing. Mark the letter "Formal Complaint".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Wireless net

contact the CEO's office by email, and outline the issue there, i done this before with meteor, as they had sold me something they could not provide, and i was let out of contract without any issues, i had originally called 1905 but got no where with that.

the issue only got resolved when i went higher up in Meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

You could take the tack of informing them that due to their failure to resolve your issue you are terminating the contract and stop paying them. Wait for them to take you to court and then present your case there. This if fairly high risk and I'm not 100% sure if you technically own the handset - you may have to hand it back.

Please note that although my name has law in it this is not legal advice - I am not qualified or insured to do so. Also anyone that knows a little law is normally more dangerous than someone who knows nothing. This is simply my opinion as a consumer.

Thanks for the info GCDLawstudent, yes I think if I was to go that route I'd probably have to send the handset back by registered post, however I really and truly don't want to go down this route unless I have to.
    foggy_lad wrote: »
    Write a very detailed letter to meteor and inform them that due to their failure to provide you with reasonable service and customer care you will be withdrawing payments until such a time as they can resolve the issues you are experiencing. Mark the letter "Formal Complaint".

foggy_lad I did initially write a formal complaint detailing the problem, they said they would get back to me, then when there was no response I wrote another formal complaint saying that if there was no responce or resolution I would have no choice but to cancel my contract.
    contact the CEO's office by email, and outline the issue there, i done this before with meteor, as they had sold me something they could not provide, and i was let out of contract without any issues, i had originally called 1905 but got no where with that.

the issue only got resolved when i went higher up in Meteor.

Wireless net, this seems like a good next step, you don't happen to still have the contact details? You can PM me if you like.

Advertisement