Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

metal garden sheds

Options
  • 29-07-2012 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

just looking for advice on wiring one of these( shortly) from someone that's familiar with them

what sort of wiring system?

and bonding?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

M cebee wrote: »
    just looking for advice on wiring one of these( shortly) from someone that's familiar with them

what sort of wiring system?

and bonding?

Well SWA from the house to the shed is a no-brainer.

And surely 2.5 and 1.5 NYMJ for internal wiring of the shed from an "IP Rated" fuse board too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ya swa from house and board with isolating switch etc.

and prob nym in pvc round conduit for the drops?

i guess a 'local bond' from the incoming 4*4 swa(light use only) for the structure??

i'm not familiar with them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

M cebee wrote: »
    ya swa from house and board with isolating switch etc.

and prob nym in pvc round conduit for the drops?

i guess a 'local bond' from the incoming 4*4 swa(light use only) for the structure??

i'm not familiar with them

The drops/scokcts in my own garage are in 20mm metal conduit and also metal double sockets.

Didnt like the idea of the cable drops being exposed in the garage and any spark flying from diy tools and any diy work going on in the garage.

Advertisement