Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let the Games begin...

Options
  • 29-07-2012 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭

I float in and out of the forum from time to time but I decided to start a log in an attempt to monitor my bets and given the Olympics is on at the moment no better time to start the Log.

Primarily a Sports better with Football and Athletics being the big two (not that too many company's allow too much on the athletics markets still I have proven successful enough this year with 8/11 wins in the build up to the Olympics)

At the moment currently a little light so I am starting with very little bank roll but will look to deposit 100e in the next week before the athletics kicks on. The Challenge will be to try double my money weekly and withdraw half of balance each Sunday starting next Sunday

Today's Olympic Bet

Selection:Federica Pellegrini @ 15/4 - (5th)
    Event: 400m Freestyle (Womens Swimming Olympics)
    Stake: 4e
    Bookmakers: Bet365

Fairly gutted with the price here as it has been pushed out to 7s after her 3rd place in heat this morning. Think Addlington has distorted the prices on this one as she is a great shot for the medal still

Balance:0.00 (5 pending bets for 34e)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Today's Olympic Bets

Selection:Micheal Phelps @ 4/6 - 2nd
    Event: 200m Fly (Mens Swimming Olympics)
    Stake: 10e
    Bookmakers: BetFair

Selection:Camille Muffat @ 3/1 - 2nd
    Event: 200m Freestyle (womens Swimming Olympics)
    Stake: 8e
    Bookmakers: BetFair

Given Muffat came through the heats and semi's comfortable enough despite reports of sleep deprivation going into yesterday I think she should come good tonight. Pellegrini usually strong in this event but given her off form in the 400m (admittedly her boggy Olympic event) I think she wont be in top two and will be between Camille and Schmidt

Despite a sub par open to the Olympics Phelps relay spli was very impressive and even though he had laboured technique in the heats and semi's

(Don't worry this log will revert to more mainstream bets once the swimming finishes I promise:D)

Balance:-22e
    Bet record 0/3

Today's Olympic Bets

Double
    Selection:James Magnussen @ 8/15 - 2nd
    Event: 100m Freestyle (Mens Swimming Olympics)

Selection: Daniel Gyurta @ 4/6 - Winner
    Event: 200m Breast Stroke (mens Swimming Olympics)

Stake: 3.75

Few small in running bets built up enough to stake this bet as I dont plan on putting too much money into my betting until the Athletics kicks off as simply put these swimming bets are more for interest rather than an in depth knowledge (though putting some research in not just betting blind)

Given Agnel's lane for this one (Lane one) he is going to have hit the front for any chance to compete with the middle lanes which I dont think he has the strength to do. I think its a pretty stright forward one here as I don't think Adrian will compete with Magnussen.

Given Jamiesons huge PB yesterday he is the danger here with the home crowd behind him especially given in the Breaststroke this is going to hit home more as he gets his head out of the water with each stroke though I still think Gyurta wont be beat (Though given my record has not been stellar this week this could turn into a laying tipster thread i.e lay anything I bet on:D)

Balance:-25.75e
    Bet record 0/4

Edit: Beaten by 1/100th of a second this is really not my sport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

ecoli wrote: »

Balance:-22e
    Bet record 0/3

The pressure of a log :D 0 from 3
    Made my first big bet of the Olympics today, Kipsang in the marathon at 4.3, any thoughts?
    I let my log die here but started one Here if you've any interest

Woddle wrote: »
    The pressure of a log :D 0 from 3
    Made my first big bet of the Olympics today, Kipsang in the marathon at 4.3, any thoughts?
    I let my log die here but started one Here if you've any interest

Broke first rule of Gamblin with betting on a Sport I don't really know:o

He is a steal. Think Ethiopia mad a mistake basing on fast times set in Dubai. Defintely one of the tips of the Games as the price is great considering he proved in Frankfurt last year that he can set fast times but more importantly in London he put down a statement of championship running with a solid performance in what effectively was the Kenya Trials.

I was thinkin If i could get him at 6/4 to 13/8 it would be good price

Today/Tomorrow Olympic Bet

Trixie
    Selection:Liuyang Jiao @ 10/11 - Winner
    Event: 200m Fly (Womens Swimming Olympics)

Selection: Ryan Lochte @ 2/5 2nd
    Event: 200m IM (mens Swimming Olympics)

Selection: Rebecca Soni @ 1/12 Winner
    Event: 200m breaststroke (womens Swimming Olympics)

Ended up playing around a bit with in running earning enough to effectively put on a few free bets so did this one to keep me ticking over to Fri so that the I can focus on athletics. Did as a trixie just in case Jiao lets me down tonight I dont want whole bet gone though to be honest not great return

Stake: 4e (1e per line) Return: 2.07

• Advertisement

Double
    Selection:Vivian Cheruiyot @ 4/6 2nd
    Event: 10,000m (Womens Athletics)

Selection: Christian Cantwell @ 4/1 e/w 4th
    Event: Shot Putt (Mens Athletics)

With the Athletics kicking off today I am in my element. Two finals tonight. The womens 10k is one that Cheruiyot seems a lock for. She was Sports woman of the year last year being utterly dominant in both 5k and 10k My only worry is I have been hearing rumours of her carrying a minor injury and people have been tipping Dibaba as a result but have chose to ignore them hopefully their reliability is questionable.

The Mens Shot is a little less straight forward. The two form men are the Americans Cantwell and Hoffa. Hoffa has appeared the more consistent in terms of putting in big throws at numerous meets however Cantwell has a nack for putting together consecutive big throws and given last month he set his season Best he looks in good form. Aside from these two you have the World Champion and record holder Storl who despite sub par form this season cant be discounting. Throw in reigning Olympic Champion also as a dark horse and will make for an interesting competition hence playing it safe with going for each way on this selection

Stake: 12.22 (6.11 e/w)

Double
    Selection:Vivian Cheruiyot @ 4/6
    Event: 10,000m (Womens Athletics)

Selection: Christian Cantwell @ 4/1 e/w
    Event: Shot Putt (Mens Athletics)

With the Athletics kicking off today I am in my element. Two finals tonight. The womens 10k is one that Cheruiyot seems a lock for. She was Sports woman of the year last year being utterly dominant in both 5k and 10k My only worry is I have been hearing rumours of her carrying a minor injury and people have been tipping Dibaba as a result but have chose to ignore them hopefully their reliability is questionable.

The Mens Shot is a little less straight forward. The two form men are the Americans Cantwell and Hoffa. Hoffa has appeared the more consistent in terms of putting in big throws at numerous meets however Cantwell has a nack for putting together consecutive big throws and given last month he set his season Best he looks in good form. Aside from these two you have the World Champion and record holder Storl who despite sub par form this season cant be discounting. Throw in reigning Olympic Champion also as a dark horse and will make for an interesting competition hence playing it safe with going for each way on this selection

Stake: 12.22 (6.11 e/w)

It wasn't :(

Todays Olympic Bet

K Bekele @ 10/3
    10,000m (Mens Olympics Athletics)

This is one of the bets that I have been sitting on for a while. Been steadily improving and I cant see him losing unless Farah pulls out something special. Been gearing up for this one all year and only ran enough to make Ethiopian team with his 27.03 this year (third fastest of the year)

Expect one of the lads (prob Gebremariam to sacrafice himself to push the pace in the second half of the race to run the kick out of Farah which hasn't been all that impressive as of yet this year)

Stake: 50e
    Bookie: Betfair

Today's Olympic Bet

Selection:Evan Jager to medal @ 3/1
    Event: Mens 3000 SC (Mens Athletics)

Jager has taken to the event like a duck to water in his first year breaking the US Record after only his 5th ever steeple event (His first was in April). He is the 8th fastest man this year with only three of them men in the final. Couple that with the fact that E Kemboi has been dealing with assault charges the last few weeks for reportedly stabbing someone means that he will not be a hundred per cent. Could see him sneak a bronze in this one

Bookies: WillHill

Todays Olympic Bet

Double
    Selection:Sally Person @ 8/11 Winner
    Event: Womens 100mh (womens Athletics)

Selection:Christian Taylor @ 11/8
    Event: Triple Jump (Mens Athletics)

This is one I put on a few weeks ago and looks very good. Both were impressive in qualifying with Taylor only needing one Jump this morning to hit the auto mark (and leading jump of the morning). Pearson has been utterly dominant the last two years and with 2nd fastest women this year going out in the hits provided she manages to get over the hurdles safely should be a lock.

All in all in a good place after months of building up small bets on Bolt @ 8/15 in the 100m came off to put me in the black as a total for the Olympics

Stake: 5e
    Bookies: Bet365

• Advertisement

Todays Olympic Bet

K Bekele @ 10/3 - 4th
    10,000m (Mens Olympics Athletics)

Stake: 50e
    Bookie: Betfair

Today's Olympic Bet

Selection:Evan Jager to medal @ 3/1 - 6th
    Event: Mens 3000 SC (Mens Athletics)

Bookies: WillHill

Todays Olympic Bet

Double
    Selection:Sally Person @ 8/11 Winner
    Event: Womens 100mh (womens Athletics)

Selection:Christian Taylor @ 11/8 - Winner
    Event: Triple Jump (Mens Athletics)

Bookies: Bet365

Update on the last few days results

Today's Olympic Bet

Double
    A Aregawi @ 2/5 - 5th
    Womens 1500m (Womens Athletics)

T Dibaba @ 4/9 - 3rd
    Womens 5000m (Womens Athletics)

Going for an Ethiopian double. Cant see either being touched in this one with V Cheruiyot reportedly struggling (which was evident in the 10000m) plus the fact I was so impressed with how Dibaba closed the last km in that race in 2.45 with that kinda speed she should be able to dominate the shorter distance

With the football back decided to throw on a 5er accum. Let down by one result

Todays bet

Treble

Pamela Jelimo @ 12/5 (Mariya Savinova v Pamela Jelimo) Winner 1st
    Liverpool @ 8/15 (Match Betting v Hearts) Winner 1-0
    Levante @ 8/13 (Match Betting v Motherwell) Winner 2-0

Stake 5e

The value on Jelimo is great on this one. Made a tactical error in the Olympics but I reckon she will be suited with the presence of pace makers that she can tag onto. Expecting a low 1.57 at slowest. To be honest I reckon she is more like an 11/10 shot rather than a 12/5

Given the state of the SPL I cant see either team being good enough to beat the tough opponents tonight despite Liverpools result the other day and resting players

Todays bet

Treble

Pamela Jelimo @ 12/5 (Mariya Savinova v Pamela Jelimo)
    Liverpool @ 8/15 (Match Betting v Hearts)
    Levante @ 8/13 (Match Betting v Motherwell)

Stake 5e

The value on Jelimo is great on this one. Made a tactical error in the Olympics but I reckon she will be suited with the presence of pace makers that she can tag onto. Expecting a low 1.57 at slowest. To be honest I reckon she is more like an 11/10 shot rather than a 12/5

Given the state of the SPL I cant see either team being good enough to beat the tough opponents tonight despite Liverpools result the other day and resting players

With Jelimo winning and Levante being up at half time coupled with the fact that Liverpool are leaving me a little nervous I have decided to back the draw and play it safe. Unless the worst happens and Hearts score should be a nice 75% profit for the evening

Today's Football Accum

After last weeks I have decided to do a weekly European Accum with a fixed stake. Nothing drastic but enough to keep a rolling interest through the day.

Today's Football Accum

After last weeks I have decided to do a weekly European Accum with a fixed stake. Nothing drastic but enough to keep a rolling interest through the day.

Results

Austria Vienna 2 - 0 Wacker Innsbruck Win
    Leuven 1 - 1 Anderlecht Loser
    Prijedor 3 - 1 Leotar Winner
    Gotse Delchev 0 - 2 Ludogorets Winner
    CSKA Sofia 0 - 0 Lok. Plovdiv Loser
    Rouen 2 - 1 Carquefou Winner
    Gyor 5 - 1 Kecskemeti TE Winner
    D. Zagreb 4 - 0 NK Zagreb Winner

Advertisement