Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a lawn edger please

Options
  • 29-07-2012 3:27pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As the title says I'm looking for a strong edger, I've managed to snap 2 already! Don't have a huge budget but want quality. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

A spade and a plank! Works for me.
    Are you wriggling the edger that they break or is your ground so hard and stony?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

tommy2bad wrote: »
    A spade and a plank! Works for me.
    Are you wriggling the edger that they break or is your ground so hard and stony?

The ground's really stony and is riddled with weeds unfortunately, think I might try the spade - nor too worried about straight lines!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Do you have an old pair of shears? Opening them slightly, jabbing them into the ground and closing them every few inches is tedious but works for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

7 euro in Lidl and Aldi.

Good metal half moon lawn edger and does what its supposed to do too.:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

mike65 wrote: »
    Do you have an old pair of shears? Opening them slightly, jabbing them into the ground and closing them every few inches is tedious but works for me.

Good idea but I have a lot of edging to do unfortunately.. been a bit lazy this year:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Tulipout

There is a shop in Santry called Dealz, they have bamboo edging at €1.49 a meter. Think its about 200mm high.

Tulipout wrote: »
    There is a shop in Santry called Dealz, they have bamboo edging at €1.49 a meter. Think its about 200mm high.

Lawn "edger"..... as in a lawn edger tool/spade

Not lawn Edging.;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Tulipout

paddy147 wrote: »
    Lawn "edger"..... as in a lawn edger tool/spade

Not lawn Edging.;):)

My bad. What a tool! Ha Ha

Tulipout wrote: »
    My bad. What a tool! Ha Ha

That bamboo and willow screening from Dleaz is great for making bee nests and ladybird nests and homes though.;)

Have 3 willow nests around the garden for the bees and ladybirds.:D

Advertisement