Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malaga Airport

Options
  • 29-07-2012 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi I am flying to Malaga Airport in a few weeks time. I normally hire a car from
    GoldCar. They used to accept Debit Cards up until last January, but now they
    want Credit Card only. Does anyone know of a Car Hire Company in Malaga
    Airport that will accept a Debit Card. Also does anyone know a good Restaurant
    between Malaga and mojacar in eastern Spain I will be making the five hour
    drive and like to stop for lunch,( PLATO del DIA ) along the way.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Leper

Hi Tony,

1. Carhire Malaga airport:- Be careful as some of the carhire firms are off site and can cause difficulty to being found on the return journey. Give yourself plenty of time to return the car as traffic can be heavy around Malaga airport, not to mention the confusion with maps etc.

2. You will have a four hour drive to Mojacar. I dont know what time of day you arrive in the airport and eating along the way will depend on the siesta. I propose you drive directly to Mojacar before you eat.

3. Try www.economycarhire.com for car rentals. If this is your first visit to Mojacar give me a PM and I will supply you with loads of info.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brasher

I have used Argus twice for Malaga and the cover all the operators. I had one off airport company 2 years ago but it was fine, you just hop in the bus to get to it and they are all lined up along one road right beside the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

goldcar will take a debit card but they make you take the insurance thats optional with credit card. i did it in june cost about 70 quid extra. didnt find them that easy to deal with either. we use a site carjet.com to book when were over in malaga gives you op[tions of different hire companies.

Advertisement