Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbike Cover

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Honestly...YES.

Judging by how high it goes over the two wing mirroes and down the back. But I got a lidl/aldi cover for €10 and the one in Argos for €20 and put the two of them on my baby and its perfect. No leaks no nothing and if one rips no big deal.

But yes is the answer IMHO. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

Thanks for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Yep, the Argos one will do just as well for a score like Wonda said. I've used two of them myself. The Oxford ones are mad money and will last ages, but the Argos one will do you just fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Yep, the Argos one will do just as well for a score like Wonda said. I've used two of them myself. The Oxford ones are mad money and will last ages, but the Argos one will do you just fine.

+1 i have the argos1 and its a great fit - when it gets dirthy its washable - in washing machine :) for GS500 you cant go wrong - you can cover whole bike - tyres included and no wind will take it off or something - i used it on all bikes i had and the fit its always perfect - the best money i could spend. and superb size -

only downgrade is thats its not breathable - so after one week in rain its its recommended uncover the bike and let it breath - dry :) jsut a hot tip...

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Are there any bike covers that will fit a bike that is fitted with a top box? I've just bought a cover in a motor accessories shop and I got a size L ( 229cm long, 125cm high at the front and 100cm at the back). From looking at the diagram I think it might cover the top box but then it will not fully cover the back wheel, and the rear sprocket and rear disc will be exposed to the weather. I haven't had a chance to try it on yet though.

So what are my options?
    Keep the old cover and cover the back of the bike, then put the new cover on over the front? Or will I have to take the top box off every time I park up for the night? Or can I get an XL size cover?

• Advertisement

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Are there any bike covers that will fit a bike that is fitted with a top box? I've just bought a cover in a motor accessories shop and I got a size L ( 229cm long, 125cm high at the front and 100cm at the back). From looking at the diagram I think it might cover the top box but then it will not fully cover the back wheel, and the rear sprocket and rear disc will be exposed to the weather. I haven't had a chance to try it on yet though.

So what are my options?
    Keep the old cover and cover the back of the bike, then put the new cover on over the front? Or will I have to take the top box off every time I park up for the night? Or can I get an XL size cover?

you should take off the top box away every night - if the bike is parked in unatended area - like street, public parking etc - its more like recommendation then a must.

and yes you can find some XL covers- but i guess more economic will be just took the top box off, but its your call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭war_child

Bikerguy wrote: »
    +1 i have the argos1 and its a great fit - when it gets dirthy its washable - in washing machine :) for GS500 you cant go wrong - you can cover whole bike - tyres included and no wind will take it off or something - i used it on all bikes i had and the fit its always perfect - the best money i could spend. and superb size -

only downgrade is thats its not breathable - so after one week in rain its its recommended uncover the bike and let it breath - dry :) jsut a hot tip...

Or just read the bag of the bloody packaging lol hot tip me arse ...if ya want a hot tip for the score cover in argos ...leave it on wen its rainin and take it off when its not simple as **** mate lmao and if it rains twice in a day turn it inside out so the moisture doesnt build against the bike ..easy as fuggin pie

war_child wrote: »
    Bikerguy wrote: »

Or just read the bag of the bloody packaging lol hot tip me arse ...if ya want a hot tip for the score cover in argos ...leave it on wen its rainin and take it off when its not simple as **** mate lmao and if it rains twice in a day turn it inside out so the moisture doesnt build against the bike ..easy as fuggin pie

again you and again against me ---> no brainer - please dont quote me or better ignore me - i dont mind having conversation, but this is already second time when you are acting like a small kid.

i will be happy if you could change your attitude towards me, there is no reason to be like that.

but lets go back to the "hot tip" ---> read carefully

the cover for d bike is there for at least 2 reasons

1. protection against weather conditions
    2. protection against thiefs

so with your idea take it off when its not raining you aint going nowhere. second the cover from argos has holes and breathers for mirrors so again your idea turn it inside out is not so smart.

so before you gonna state some nonsence think twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lads Lads Lads....its all good......breathe easy.......wooooshaaaaa.....wooooshaaaa......and relax. LOL

Yeah out of sight out of mind as the saying goes....I dont take my cover off when its not raining and I have 2 on. I only use the draw string on the outside one so the air gets in and does not get damp. Having said that I am out on the bike every other day there or there abouts.

But you would need a seriously large cover to cover a big bike with high mirrors (not like the sleek sports bike ones) and a BACK BOX!

Bikerguy u misunderstand me i wasnt having a go at you, i have the 20 euro cover from argos and all information regarding the removal of the cover due to build up of moisture is clearly stated on the back i was only offering the lad to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. And as with any forum ,online convo you cant see peoples face , i was making a joke out of it indicated by the lmao , but dont think for one second i was laughing at you.I was laughing at the fact people would ask for cover instructions from people wen its on the packaging, But one thing i would say the 20 Euro cover doesnt have holes in it i use the same cover and it needs to be taken off in really hot weather because of the material it collects moisture sorry if you thought i was having a go at ya wasnt my intention just my sense of humour apologies :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭rameire

other options
    http://www.oxford-shop.co.uk/cat230_1.htm

i have the stormex for a deauville and its brilliant.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 V!PER

I have just bought a CB500 2001 and I have the argos cover too and it does what it is intended for. As for a bigger bike I am not so sure

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭thomashood10

Avoid the MotoGP cover,

The inside lining material will ruin your bike, and if you tear it all out - the cover will tear after a while. I'm currently using tape to hold mine together lol. Also it will not protect against very heavy rain without the inside lining material.

So yeh, save your 50 quid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 V!PER

I have looked at this cover in the past....thank you for the heads up.

Like anything in the world usually the cheaper alternative is better , ive heard of lads forking over quite a bit for extras wen a cheaper alternative would have sufficed ...shop round find the best bang for your buck . I know a lad who even used a mobility scooter cover for his bike and had it for a good long while, go figure lol

Advertisement